OTHER Limesat HD problem

drjohn14

SatelliteGuys Family
Jun 3, 2006
beautiful San Diego
4 month old Limesat HD receiver picking up G19 only. Unit now shows only 20% for both signal and quality. Checked on second dish and does same thing. After a little investigation found the following. The signal and quality shows 20% with or wothout an LNB cable attached. All power supply voltages seem correct to main board. Replaced 2 capacitors in power supply that showed a little ripple. No bulged caps. After reading on some forums I discovered that unit could have another demodulator board installed. De mod board shows as fta v1.2. Removed board and unit still shows 20% quality and signal. What is my other options for checking unit? software is ver 1.0 loader is 2.0 hardware is version 1.31. Does any one have factory software and loader for this unit? Seems that most forums I looked at is for the eyepatch group and I need to sign up and pay for access to files. I dont want to do that so am asking for any help from here on any testing/files etc that you suggest to fix this problem. drjohn

cyberham

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 16, 2010
Halfmoon Bay, British Columbia
4 months old?? That receiver is years old, isn't it? I thought it was a rebranded Coolsat from years ago. Probably not a good buying choice if you bought it "new" 4 months ago. I notice this forum has no Limesat firmware listed in the Firmware section. You may need to deal with eye patch sites since those are probably mostly who use this model.

drjohn14

SatelliteGuys Family
Jun 3, 2006
beautiful San Diego
system ifo shows date of june 15 2012. I do not want to deal with eyepatch group for files. Dont want my name on there for maybe future FBI perusal. Maybe not software problem, dont know enough to tell, however, I need to start somewhere. drjohn

pwrsurge

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 7, 2007
Canada
If you purchased this receiver as a brand new item from some retailer then I would not even waste my time and return the unit for a full refund. Trust me, you will have less headaches down the road doing so! Limesat receivers were strictly designed for satellite piracy so they operate very poorly for legitimate FTA use.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)