Lin Tv

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bjoe

Original poster
Oct 20, 2005
Does any D* 'insiders' here know if D* is close to an agreement with LIN? I
have been waiting almost 2 years for them to add NBC HD here in Austin. Now that D* is starting to roll out CW-HD, that particular HD channel is also a
LIN channel here in Austin, so I doubt we will get it until they add NBC
first.

I see it looks like LIN is in an 'agreeable' mood lately . Within 2 weeks,
they reached an agreement with E* and will add NBC and CW HD in Austin(as
well as other markets). Additionally, they seem to have just resolved a
dispute with the Cable Co to get NBC back after it was taken off here in
Jan. The funny thing is that E* just put up all the Austin Networks in HD today and the LIN NBC station has been advertising a promo with E* to dump Cable based on the 'Special Marketing Agreement' with E* and now LIN has settled with the Cable Co too?

http://lintv.com/news/images/PDFs/news_releases/Suddenlink Press Release 3-25-08.pdf

http://lintv.com/news/images/PDFs/n... Reach Retransmission Agreement - 3-13-08.pdf

I am getting sick of waiting and may just 'move' to San Antonio soon to get
al lthe networks in HD if something is not done soon.

Thanks.

You might just want to put up an antenna and not count on LIN and D* coming to an agreement.

I sure home an agreement is reached soon. My FOX affiliate is owned by LIN. Most of the Packer game are on FOX and American Idol is on FOX. OTA works but I would love to get rid of the antenna sitting on my tv stand just for 1 channel. How much more money does LIN want then DTV is willing to give them? A few cents? If that is case let the customer decide if they want to pay the price or not. Add the LIN channels as an al-a-cart option or something. Those willing to pay the premium will pay it. Those who are content with OTA wont.

As for CW, in and email I received from my CW affiliate, they want there HD channel to be retransmitted on DTV. For some reason DTV hasn't added it. Why it hasn't yet been added here in Green Bay, WI when other DMA's have CW-HD is beyond me.

OK folks, the Packers schedule is out and guess what. Most of the games are on FOX here in Green Bay. FOX is owned by LIN TV. I emailed Courtnay over at LIN TV about my concerns. Is there someone at DirecTV I can contact as well? Customer service at DirecTV has no insight about this. I need to move up the chain and have no clue who to contact.

I would also like to let DirecTV know my CW and MyNetwork affilitate would like their digital signal to be carried by DirecTV now that they are adding more markets by the day it seems.

I would also like to let DirecTV know my CW and MyNetwork affilitate would like their digital signal to be carried by DirecTV now that they are adding more markets by the day it seems.

Of course they would love to have their digital signal carried by Directv broadcasting company would. The big question is how much do they want Directv to pay?

I heard its a matter of pennies per month from our local affiliate. I'd gladly pay a small premium for the FOX affiliate's digital feed. Solve the problem and offer it al-a-cart is my suggestion.

I heard its a matter of pennies per month from our local affiliate. I'd gladly pay a small premium for the FOX affiliate's digital feed. Solve the problem and offer it al-a-cart is my suggestion.

More than likely they are asking for more pennies than you are thinking ..... Like more pennies per SUB.

I don't know if they could do a "ala Carte " with the channels (your locals) as it would change D* locals contract structure.
People are currently paying like $ 5 per locals package to D* (us subs I'm referring to). I have no idea what the companies pay to D* or if they are the same from city to city.

I do remember back in my BUD days, I could get the East coast or west coast for like $30 a year and I could get the Denver 5 for like $ 60.

Jimbo

Lin TV is the devil. My ABC and MyTV affiliates are owned by them, but luckily I get them very easily on OTA, but for some reason recently the signal has been f-ed up and hard to get. Luckily I basically never watch ABC programming anymore, although this problem may need to be resolved with the NBA Playoffs starting.

OK folks, the Packers schedule is out and guess what. Most of the games are on FOX here in Green Bay. FOX is owned by LIN TV. I emailed Courtnay over at LIN TV about my concerns. Is there someone at DirecTV I can contact as well? Customer service at DirecTV has no insight about this. I need to move up the chain and have no clue who to contact.

if it was me, I'd contact the local advertisers on that station. Ask them if they're getting a break on their rates, compared to what the other stations are charging.
If they're not, they should be.

You guys may find this interesting: Satellite Solutions & Electronics of WNY - DIRECTV Dealer - (716) 651-1700

Scrolll down to CBS. That is a LIN affiliate in Buffalo.
I'd be interested in knowing how long their site has said that. My guess would be they put the "CBS - Coming Soon" when D* launched the other 3 local HD channels a year ago. Coming soon to me means the same as the famous last bullet point in marketing copy of "and more!"

Perhaps you could call them and ask them if they know of any updates? Is this where you bought your D* service from?

Response I got from the retailer:
"There is a contract issue between LIN Broadcasting, the company that owns
WIVB, and DirecTV. At this point we have no idea when that will be resolved."

I still think you'll see this resolved.

I'm very aware of the issue between LIN and D*. I was just curious if Satellite Solutions had any different info than I've heard.

Are you able to get WIVB with an antenna?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)