Line of Sight

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

leell

Original poster
Feb 15, 2012
Willis, Mi
Backgrond, I had direct tv with 1 DIRECTV PLUS DVR model R22 and 2 model d12 for 2 years, my contract ended back in March of 2011, I then switched to comcast due to an internet issue. (not any issue with directv.) We now are getting rid of comcast tv and moving back to Directv.

On Tuesday Directv technician came out to install hd dvr system.

The technician informed me that a tree were blocking the way, and I could only get standard hook up and not hd. He told me he had to point to 212 azmith and my current dish was set to 201 azmith and would work. He also said I could not have any of the hd equipment to take advantage of whole home dvr and on demand. He kept pointing to a tree that I think is around 195 azmith but kept saying 212. Which would be to the left of the location my current dish is pointing.
My problem is the south side of my house has no issues from azmith 201 over to way west. but he kept telling me 212 is block by a tree, which I checked dishpointer and every satellte points to the right side of the trees. I have called and rescheduled for a 2nd opinion, even my compass shows I shoud be clear.
I will also say it was snowing and he was on his third install (and he was unable to complete any of them and he told me he only gets paid if the job is completed). Could I be missing something? He said he could install the HD and it would work unill spring, so he felt it would not be right because I would lose it once leaves grew. I had to decline getting any of it installed. Any thoughts. Am I doing the right think by having them come out again? Part of me feels he did not want to work that day.

Since your local sd channels are on 101, you would only need to get the 99, 101, and 103 satellites. It's possible, but unlikely, that you could get the 101 and not get 99 and 103 where the hd channels are. I would ask for a supervisor to come out and do the site survey.

raoul5788 said:
Since your local sd channels are on 101, you would only need to get the 99, 101, and 103 satellites. It's possible, but unlikely, that you could get the 101 and not get 99 and 103 where the hd channels are. I would ask for a supervisor to come out and do the site survey.

Or he could be in a tight spot and not have a 10 degree window on both sides. That's the rule, or he's just being lazy :)

Anyone know if it is possible he is trying to connt to 72.5 satellite, That is the only one I see that could go in the direcion he was pointing, if so what would it provide?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts