Links to old threads concerning in line amplifiers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Achebee

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 8, 2009
Honduras
Been searching for info on recommended in line amps for long runs etc. etc. and how far to space them, how many, etc. etc.
I can't find any info using the search , anyone have a link to info here concerning this? thanks, HB

Thanks Anole... did the advanced search and didn't find exactly what I was looking for, however, as always these Pendragon Links are always very helpful.
Thanks again, HB

Achebee,

At the radio station I engineer for I have had problems 9 receivers thru a mess of splitters and 300 ft of cable. The in line sat amps commonly available at tv/sat supply stores caused the Signal to up, but Quality to go down and more of the occasional digital drop out. An engineer at ABC radio networks put me on to a 25db line amp with adjustable gain to avoid overload. Works good. If interested I'll look it up at the office on Monday for you.

Jim

I would think a powered multiswitch with each receiver' coax ran to the powered multiswitch (even if the lnb is single polarity using the H or Horizontal side. Splitters work good for sat signals most of the time but for nine receivers I think the flat gain of a good powered switch would do it

Truck,

For comercial recievers splitters are the norm. The recievers have no electronics for communicating with a switch. I was relating to the ammount of loss between the dish next door and up 4 floors feeding 9 recievers working off of it. The amp I found will blast thru all of that. Should work good fot the OP.

Jim

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts