List of English only channels?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Dee_Ann

Angry consumer!
Original poster
May 23, 2009
Texas
Is there by any chance a list of satellite channels that lists ONLY English speaking channels?

I know there are a bazillion FTA channels but the vast majority of them are NOT English. Thus utterly useless to your average monolingual American, such as myself.

Trying to sort through them all is an insanely hopeless task.

You see channels listed on a satellite and think "Oh, I think I would like to see what that is about." then go to all the trouble to point a dish at a satellite just to discover it's some babble (no offense to anyone) and you've wasted a whole day on something you can't understand.

It would be awesome of there was a narrowed down list so that people that only speak English can have a much better idea of where to look for stuff.

The satellite at 97 is a prime example. There are like half a million channels on it and 99.999999% of them are totally unintelligible to your *average* American such as myself.

I want to stress that I mean no offense to other peoples or cultures or whatever, it's my loss that I can only speak one language. I have a friend that can speak 12 languages fluently. But then again she was raised in Sweden where it's mandatory to learn many languages. I feel very ignorant compared to her. :eek:

AWESOME!!! Thank you!! :D

Now if there were only one for the big dish channels!

Thank you !!! :)

I was going to offer you the main list at Global-CM, but whhile looking, I found this C-band language list.
(warning: it's a .PDF)
It's all in one, but may still be of some help.
edit: I guess it IS sorted by language!

Thank MikeKohl when you see him! - :up

I was going to offer you the main list at Global-CM, but whhile looking, I found this C-band language list.
(warning: it's a .PDF)
It's all in one, but may still be of some help.
Thank MikeKohl when you see him! - :up

Ooooooo!!! You're awesome! Thank you!!! :D

That is a HUGE help!! NOW I can get a really good idea of what is worth even trying for.

Thank you so much!! :)

what is wrong with channels in other languages?

Sure I speak English only but some of those other channels on 97W are pretty cool if you ask me

I have a Shaw Direct system and one of the channels I have is RDS (Reseau De Sports) which is french only. My theory is pretty simple. I dont need to know the language to watch a hockey or baseball game :)

what is wrong with channels in other languages?

Sure I speak English only but some of those other channels on 97W are pretty cool if you ask me

I have a Shaw Direct system and one of the channels I have is RDS (Reseau De Sports) which is french only. My theory is pretty simple. I dont need to know the language to watch a hockey or baseball game :)

Um, well, I don't watch sports. But that does seem to work well for you so that's a big win for you. :)

yeah I know

you dont like sports
you dont like ethnic channels
you dont like religious channels

I was using that as an example of the different language channels out there that have interesting programs on them. I've seen cartoons and other programs in English but subtitled with other languages :)

...wait, there's more:

I can't see the Cuban channel down on 30°w,

V-11884 - 1134 - 2/3 - 27.500 - 0101 - 0201 - CUBAVISION - Havana, Cuba

... but I've read here, late at night (maybe Friday/weekends?), it has first-run American movies, with the Spanish subtitles turned on.
So, while not exactly regular English programming, it's probably well worth a watch!
I'm pretty sure you can see it from Texas.
Alas, it's well below my horizon, here in California-land.

Other primarily foreign-language channels may have a regular program or news-cast in English.
Getting a better list of all the barely-English programming, may make for a bigger shopping list! - :up

I can't see the Cuban channel down on 30°w,

V-11884 - 1134 - 2/3 - 27.500 - 0101 - 0201 - CUBAVISION - Havana, Cuba

... but I've read here, late at night (maybe Friday/weekends?), it has first-run American movies, with the Spanish subtitles turned on.
So, while not exactly regular English programming, it's probably well worth a watch!
I'm pretty sure you can see it from Texas.
Alas, it's well below my horizon, here in California-land.

Other primarily foreign-language channels may have a regular program or news-cast in English.
Getting a better list of all the barely-English programming, may make for a bigger shopping list! - :up

They show some times at late late late night Two and a Half Men, Friends, Third Watch an opther shows on cubavision

yeah I know

you dont like sports
you dont like ethnic channels
you dont like religious channels

I was using that as an example of the different language channels out there that have interesting programs on them. I've seen cartoons and other programs in English but subtitled with other languages :)

Cool... :)

Kuwait 2 on 97w has some great American British and Australian shows and movies commercial free
I've seen Trial &Retribution (UK), All Saints(Australia), V:the television series, Lonely Planet Travel,CSI Miami&NY, an australian 4x4 across the outback show to name a few. All in English and after awhile you don't even notice the Arabic subtitles

Foreign Flicks

Dee_Ann
You might like to watch foreign films with English subtitles, MHz World View on 97W.

I seen a real good French film; Nathalie (2003) with Gérard Depardieu, Emmanuelle Béart and Fanny Ardant, I know you would of liked this women’s flick. It has a surprise ending that might intrigue you.
Mike Lib

Kuwait 2 on 97w has some great American British and Australian shows and movies commercial free
I've seen Trial &Retribution (UK), All Saints(Australia), V:the television series, Lonely Planet Travel,CSI Miami&NY, an australian 4x4 across the outback show to name a few. All in English and after awhile you don't even notice the Arabic subtitles

Yup you are right and the channel is on Hispasat to And I watch CSI NY and Miami:up

Keep in mind some channels have different audio tracks available as well. There are a couple of Brazilian channels I watch that offer a English audio stream. Of course the commercials and such are still in Portuguese but I would say 90% of the programming has English audio. :)

There are also some channels that from time to time show documentaries in english with subs in spanish turned on at both SatMex satellites (specially SatMex 5), Megavisión and Teleunion also at night show various movies in english with spanish subs on.

I'm trying to make a list of all the shows Kuwait2 shows at 97ºW Ku but so far i only have Sunday and Monday :p (movies at 2pm and 5pm PT, with cartoons at 8pm and good shows at 1-2am).

:)

Cheers

Mike

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)