List of the Minimum and Average Thresholds

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

CK SatGuy

Formerly ckhalil18
Original poster
Feb 7, 2011
The Motor City
I found this excel file from the tech portal and I edited out all the unnecessary info. This lists all of the minimum thresholds needed to get a decent signal for each DMA and it also lists the average thresholds for each DMA as well. It also shows what transponders you need to check for each orbit. All Dish orbits are included except 118.7. Feel free to check it out and post what you think.

Attachments

• Minimum and Average Thresholds.xls
    209 KB · Views: 5,670
Forgive me for being obtuse, but I wanted to double check something.

I'm in the Sacramento-Stockton-Modesto DMA, so checking that chart for the 129, I should be getting around 42? Am I reading that right?

Because I'm only getting around a signal strength of around 30 for any channels that use the 129.

I found this excel file from the tech portal and I edited out all the unnecessary info. This lists all of the minimum thresholds needed to get a decent signal for each DMA and it also lists the average thresholds for each DMA as well. It also shows what transponders you need to check for each orbit. All Dish orbits are included except 118.7. Feel free to check it out and post what you think.

Why do we only check the transponders listed in the Excel File? For example, My AMC channel has been dropping in and out, but according to "the list" it is on Satellite 72.7 Transponder 32. I realize this post is a year and a half old. Have things changed?

I am a little confused, I am in the pittsburgh, pa dma and it lists for sat 129, which is where my locals are, t19 t20 t29 and t30. My signal on those is around 62, but my locals are on t10 and the signal there is low 40's. Is this ok or should it be higher. Whenever it rains I lose signal. Not for long, but it happens often.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app.

I am a little confused, I am in the pittsburgh, pa dma and it lists for sat 129, which is where my locals are, t19 t20 t29 and t30. My signal on those is around 62, but my locals are on t10 and the signal there is low 40's. Is this ok or should it be higher. Whenever it rains I lose signal. Not for long, but it happens often.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app.
The TP's that are listed (19, 20, 29, 30) are CONUS. These are the TP's that you use to peak your dish. Your locals are on TP10 Spotbeam 26. The signal strength for spots will vary depending on how far from the center of the beam that you are located. Here is the map for Spotbeam 26.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)