List of TV Models with DVI Problems

I also have the Syntax Olevia and experienced the same issue today. I would have really liked to use DVI for Voom and continued to use the progressive scan input for my DVD Recorder...hopefully Voom will work on this issue.

Panasonic 50" LCD PT-50LC13

This is the best television I've ever owned. DVI and VOOM are a great combination. COSTCO has the newer model and stand for $2400.00... the stand alone is a $500 value. :)

Panasonic PT50LC14. Using a DVI to HDMI adapter with the Voom supplied cable. Going from HD channel to SD channel lost all red in picture. Everything was blue and the guide was orange instead of yellow. Switching back and forth between HD and SD 2 or 3 times corrected it. I got sick of doing this so I am now using component connection and all is well.

texansgal8 said:
PLEASE HELP!!!! I switch from component to DVI monster cables and i got an error msg saying " DVI conflict, please correct the DVI connection, your DVI device is not responding to HD content protection device" What does this mean??? I have a zenith 40' PROJECTION TV. I forgot to mention it was just working when i first installed them then when i was scrolling through the channels this is the error msg i got.

I get the exact same message with my TV:
"DVI conflict, please correct the DVI connection, your DVI device is not responding to HD content protection requests"

TV: Sony KDF-55WF655
Cable: Monster DVI-HDMI cable (2m)

I have used this cable since January without any problems. About 2 weeks ago, I got that message. I could see the Voom menu, but on pressing "Watch" button on Voom remote, it would display the error message. First time I got this message, I disconnected and reconnected the cable (after switching off both TV and Voom reveiver). It worked fine after that until last night. Same message. Performing same steps a couple of times didn't fix it this time. I have switched back to the component cables I got with my Voom receiver. I hope this is resolved soon. That Monster cable was expensive ($120) and difference in PQ was clearly noticeable.

Is this a software upgrade on Voom receiver that was messed up? Seems like it. My Voom receiver is kept on 24/7 with the phone line hooked to it 24/7 too (as advised by Voom techs).

Cheers.

sorry for the mult post:

I think you can remove Sharp 45GX4u from the list.

I tried a new DVI cable and *so far* it is working. It is working longer than it did before.

I'll post if anything changes.

Still having DVI Conflict Error Messages with my SONY KDF-42WE655, LCD Projector--tried a DVI/HDMI Cable--worked for awhile, but yesterday, got the message again.

Is it true what the CSR said--they may not fix this until the new DVR box comes out? What if we don't choose to upgrade to the DVR box, then what? I hope it's not true, as that could be months before this problem is solved--as they say the DVR box will have HDMI output.