List of TV Models with DVI Problems

GreatMac

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 19, 2005
Help Voom help us.

If your TV has a problem connecting through DVI to the Voom STB, let Voom know in this thread.

Please list your TV make and model number, and briefly describe the DVI problem (e.g. color inversion when changing channels).

Syntax Olevia LT30HV (30" LCD)

Color inversion when changing channels (STB loosing sync with the TV through DVI?). To fix, have to turn TV off and on after each channel change. Works if resetting STB to either native or 720P, but after TV or STB are turned off, the problems comes back.

Vizio P42HDe

TV: Vizio P42HDe plasma
Problem: Guide information lost on occasions when Voom STB is connected to the TV through DVI. Guide would be downloaded after 30 minutes or so, but it is annoying. I suspect turning on TV first or STB first might have something to do with the problem (that's why the problem is occasional), but not definitely sure about it. Perhaps by turning on TV first, then STB might solve the problem. If I disconnect DVI, no problems with the guide data occasional downloading.

Magnavox DVD recorder Componet Video

I am not having trouble with a TV, or DVI. That is working fine.

I am having a little bit of trouble with my DVD recorder. I am unable to get the componet video to work on my Magnavox DVD recorder. The SVGA input works fine, but if I hook up the componet video cables, I get a no signal message on the DVD recorder.

I have tried this a number of times. I have tried rebooting the Voom receiver. I have tried rebooting the DVD recorder. I have tried wiggling the connections on both boxes. Nothing seems to work. All I get is no signal if it is connected with the componet connections.

I am not sure if you can only use DVI or Component, and not both. Anyway, I am at a loss what to attempt next.

roland

DVD Recorder

Hi,

Try this. Your DVD recorder is probably NTSC so it can't record 720p or 1080i. So set the display resolution on the VOOM receiver to 480P and try and record in componant. If not you will have to use the standard NTSC composite or S Video out of Voom receiver to record from on DVR.

RJ

JVC 48 inch, with dvi input, everytime i have the dvi plug hooked up and turn the tv off, the receiver will go off also, it doesnt do this on the other 2 tvs i have just this jvc model

Sony KDF-50WE655

Experienced a DVI conflict error when using the supplied VOOM DVI cable and a HDMI/DVI adapter. Have since upgraded to Monster Cable and have not seen the error since the upgrade,

shaun-ohio said:
JVC 48 inch, with dvi input, everytime i have the dvi plug hooked up and turn the tv off, the receiver will go off also, it doesnt do this on the other 2 tvs i have just this jvc model

What's the model number of the JVC?

Apex 30" LCD HDTV Monitor (AVL3076)
When connecting DVI cable I lose sound. Makes no sense but when hooked up by component all is fine.

Samsung 4365 DLP. Seems that picture on some material is either shifted up so that the bottom has a black or it is a black bar. Not all material and not all the time on every VOOM exclusive. Just some. Have seen it on RUSH, RAVE just to name a few.

SONY 42" WEGA KDF-42W655 (Mfg Jan 2005) HDMI Input
VOOM DVI Cable and Monster HDMI/DVI Adapter

When I turn on the tv, then VOOM box, get a DVI Conflict Error and no further reception over the DVI connection. Tried disconnecting, rebooting, re-verifying VOOM--no help.

A few times, however, have made a point to turn on VOOM box FIRST and wait awhile to turn on TV and then the DVI COnflict error seems to be gone, but this is not always the case.

Have ordered a DVI/HDMI cable to replace the adapter setup to see if that helps.

hieight said:
Hi,

Try this. Your DVD recorder is probably NTSC so it can't record 720p or 1080i. So set the display resolution on the VOOM receiver to 480P and try and record in componant. If not you will have to use the standard NTSC composite or S Video out of Voom receiver to record from on DVR.

RJ

The recorder is NTSC. I have it hooked up to the S-video right now. I was hoping to get it hooked up to the component video as that would be a cleaner picture.

However, I have the VOOM box set to 1080i for the DVI output for the AKAI TV as the AKAI instruction manual says it is 1080i input. So I think I will leave it this way and stop trying to get the component video set up out of the Voom box.

At least that answers my question why it was not working. I thought I was going crazy. I had the component video working from another input source.

Thanks for clearing that up.

roland

Whipster56 said:
RCA D56W20IB

Picture is shifted to the left.

Same on my RCA 52", but this is not a Voom problem. Just go into the service menu and adjust the horizontal position (search SatelliteGuys.US for exact details).

-John

ericl said:
Sony KDF-50WE655

Experienced a DVI conflict error when using the supplied VOOM DVI cable and a HDMI/DVI adapter. Have since upgraded to Monster Cable and have not seen the error since the upgrade,

PLEASE HELP!!!! I switch from component to DVI monster cables and i got an error msg saying " DVI conflict, please correct the DVI connection, your DVI device is not responding to HD content protection device" What does this mean??? I have a zenith 40' PROJECTION TV. I forgot to mention it was just working when i first installed them then when i was scrolling through the channels this is the error msg i got.

Whipster56 said:
RCA D56W20IB

Picture is shifted to the left.

Had the same problem with my Zenith. I had to access the service menu on the TV to fix. Try doing a search on accessing the service menu to learn how to do it for your set.

Please do not use this thread to ask for help from other members.

The goal of this thread is to collect reports about specific TV makes and models which have problems when connected via DVI to the Voom STB. These reports will then be provided to Voom tech by Sean.

Thanks.

I don't know if this counts as a problem or not, but when I had my install in FEB, me and the installer found out that the DVI cable that comes with VOOM didn't fit my Panasonic PT-43LC14. So I guess if you are getting VOOM with this TV, expect to have to go get a DVI cable that does fit.
Patrick

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)