Status
Please reply by conversation.

ejb1980

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 26, 2010
Vermont
This is what I am seeing... HR44/500 receiver

Every now and then, there will be a little signal blip that causes the picture to pixelate some and the audio to drop for a fraction of a second. It is not weather related. It happens on any channel at any time, live or recorded. The frequency is enough to notice but not enough to be overly annoying... yet. It happens a lot more often it seems on the RSN channels, ch 628-698.

I have seen other posts on this and "the other" site about a similar sounding issue and I am trying to see if this is worth investigating further OR if it's another thing Directv will ignore that is on their end. My dish and LNB are less than 3 years old. I checked and all wires are tight. Is there a way to tell if something is going bad by looking at any of the screens under the "satellite" section?

For what it’s worth, I’m seeing the same thing here. With the start of hockey season I’ve been tuning into NHL games on Center Ice, which are mostly remaps of the RSNs. Micro glitches that are frequent enough to be noticeable/annoying, but not bad enough where I would bother calling about it.

I have a HR44-200 and have the same issue. It seems to happen mostly on my local channels and is on recorded and live programs. I may give support a call as it is starting to get on my nerves.

Here's a photo...
20171020_184158.jpg

Same here, same setup.....

I also get a high pitch beep (occasionally) if I pause live TV.....Just a quirk I guess?

This is what I am seeing... HR44/500 receiver

Every now and then, there will be a little signal blip that causes the picture to pixelate some and the audio to drop for a fraction of a second. It is not weather related. It happens on any channel at any time, live or recorded. The frequency is enough to notice but not enough to be overly annoying... yet. It happens a lot more often it seems on the RSN channels, ch 628-698.

I have seen other posts on this and "the other" site about a similar sounding issue and I am trying to see if this is worth investigating further OR if it's another thing Directv will ignore that is on their end. My dish and LNB are less than 3 years old. I checked and all wires are tight. Is there a way to tell if something is going bad by looking at any of the screens under the "satellite" section?
I live in the Northwest and it has been happening to me for the last few months. I even had 2 trees taken down yesterday, thinking they had gotten too tall. It didn't fix the problem. I hate the thought of going back to cable.

I live north of Toronto Ontario and have a US address in NYC. I have been experiencing signal drops similar to those during heavy rain showers with the message to check my cable. This will go on for a couple of days and then clear up a couple of days and so on. I have had my dish guy over to check the alignment and all is OK.

Is the something going on at Directv?

I live north of Toronto Ontario and have a US address in NYC. I have been experiencing signal drops similar to those during heavy rain showers with the message to check my cable. This will go on for a couple of days and then clear up a couple of days and so on. I have had my dish guy over to check the alignment and all is OK.

Is the something going on at Directv?
Depending upon how far north, you may have a weakened enough signal to cause the anomalies. What are your signal strengths on 103ca/cb and 99ca/cb?

Depending upon how far north, you may have a weakened enough signal to cause the anomalies. What are your signal strengths on 103ca/cb and 99ca/cb?

I have have had service for 20 years and this is the first time I have had this problem
[QUOTE="raoul5or788, post: 4147089, member: 15610"st ]Depending upon how far north, you may have a weakened enough signal to cause the anomalies. What are your signal strengths on 103ca/cb and 99ca/cb?[/QUrTE
d se

I have have had service for 20 years and this is the first time I have had this problem
[QUOTE="raoul5or788, post: 4147089, member: 15610"st ]Depending upon how far north, you may have a weakened enough signal to cause the anomalies. What are your signal strengths on 103ca/cb and 99ca/cb?[/QUrTE
d se
I was asking for your signal strength numbers to begin the process of troubleshooting your issue. Clearly you don't need my help.

Is anyone watching the Lions Packers game and seeing horrible stuttering in addition to the audio/video drops? I am only seeing it on ESPN 206 and not on the Spanish broadcasts on ESPN 2 or ESPN Deportes.

I'm getting the same thing. I have an H23-600. Starting seeing it mainly on HBO a couple of months ago. Now it's spread to other stations, including CNN, NFL Network.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)