LIttle help? NYC locals in MD?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ESMD

Original poster
Jun 18, 2013
MD
I currently have Dish Network and subscribe to the all American direct NYC local channels. I was thinking of *moving* to NYC so I could get rid of the all American direct channels and get NYC locals in HD. From reading and looking at maps I am not in the spot beam for the NYC locals. Additionally I can not get WWOR on the 6 thousand range channel so I figured that was good evidence I was not in the spot beam.

That got me thinking of DirectTV. I have no commitment to Dish Network and could switch so I started looking to see if I would be in the spot beam for NYC on Direct TV. This is where I get a little confused. My zip code is 21601 but I am seeing different spots and also read that there will be a new satellite where the spot will be much smaller.

If I look at the map for 101W TS21 I am just feet inside the white line.
If I look at the map for 99.2W A1B1 I am between the blue and green line.

Are either or both of these correct for the NYC locals? If so is one the newer one with the smaller footprint or is there yet another satellite that will have a smaller footprint? If these are correct I would assume that I would be good with 101 but what about 99.2 since I am between the blue and green lines?

I have looked at 'The List' but they don't seem to show all the channels the way the Dish Satellites do, or am I missing something? Is there somewhere else to see what channels are on which satellite for Direct TV?

Thank you.....

The NY Big 4 nets are CONUS just like the cable channels (TNT, CNN, ESPN, etc) as Directv uses those and LA for distants

The rest are on a spotbeam

Do they also have the 4 networks on spot beam or do they use the CONUS ones for locals as well. Also is there a way to see what spot beam the rest of the locals are on to see if I would be able to pick them up?

Thanks

Like Iceberg just posted, the big four of ABC, NBC, CBS, and Fox are on CONUS beams. The rest are on spot beams. It looks like you would be on the edge of reliable reception for the spot beams. They would likely be fine in good weather, but go out quickly when it rains.

I have DISH in Tampa and having 'moved' I get NYC locals in SD. In addition to the big 4 I get WWOR and WPIX. These two are also in the DISH superstation package so I'm guessing that they are CONUS. I do not get the smaller locals or WNET (PBS).

I have DISH in Tampa and having 'moved' I get NYC locals in SD. In addition to the big 4 I get WWOR and WPIX. These two are also in the DISH superstation package so I'm guessing that they are CONUS. I do not get the smaller locals or WNET (PBS).

hate to be a pr*ck but dont confuse the OP
Dish can do the SuperStations (so they are CONUS), Directv decided not to do those so the only ones he will get are the Big 4

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts