Little white spot

Ilya said:
Could you clarify whether you had to turn off the TV set, the STB or both? Because if the stuck pixels were caused by the STB, I doubt they would go away if you only switched the TV set. On the other hand, if the stuck pixels are caused by the TV set itself, switching the STB off and on would not have any effect. Next time you see this, try VOOM-WATCH sequence first, followed by the STB Off/On. See if this helps. If it doesn't could be a TV set problem indeed.

I still get the occasional white dot.

I just have to turn the stb off and on again and the dot is gone. Never have to touch the tv on/off.

Shelly

I have a rear projection Hitachi and noticed a small white spot a couple of weeks ago. It was right of center. I thought it was my TV. It has happened twice. Both times it cleared by turning the TV off and on. The second time it happened I started experimenting. It was only on my Voom AVI feed and it was on all channels. I do notice that when I turn my set on the top light on the Voom box lights up so it may be a glitch in the DVI feed. I am not sure how it works, but there may be some interaction between the TV and STB like USB and there is an intermittant problem.

I have a hitachi rear projection using dvi. The spots I have seen look like a bird crapped on my screen. It's happened about 3-4 times since early April, the last time was about a week or so ago. A quick off/on of stb and it clears up.

"Blind Date" bug

The Stuck Pixels that I am seeing from time to time are caused by a bug in the software displaying the Program Guide (it fails to erase the entire screen). Some times it leaves the last few pixels of the word "Sunday" on the left side of the screen, in other cases it "forgets" to erase a portion of the ending letter "o" or letter "s" in certain program descriptions (e.g. "Blind Date"), leaving white pixels in the middle-right side of the screen. If you really want to, you can see both of these "bugs" right now, by following these simple steps:

1. Switch to 1080i fixed.
2. Press VOOM and then OK to get to the PG.
3. Navigate to channel 207 on Sunday at 7AM ("Blind Date")
4. Press "WATCH"

You will see two "bugs" at once: one on the left, and another one on the right.

To get rid of them press "VOOM" and then "WATCH"

Have fun!

I've seen it once...

To the right of center screen, a few pixels in size. Went away when I changed souces to DVD, so I knew it wasn't my Sony TV. Came back when I changed back to Voom, and stayed there while I changed channels. A re-boot cleared it right up.

I have a Hitachi rear projection and this has happened to me a couple of times too. It seems to be happening on the SD channels, specially on FOX network channel. Moving to a different channel and coming back to it helped. Not sure if it is a TV issue or Voom issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)