Little white spot

DarrellP

I Think, therefore, I am.
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 6, 2003
Salem, OR
I haven't seen this mentioned, so please move it if you need to.

On my projector with all of the HD channels on Voom (OTA excluded), I get a tiny little square of light in the lower left corner of the screen, it's probably about 20 pixels square or so and shows up below the picture information.

Some channels do not always fit my screen exactly, they seem to move up or up and to the right just a tad and even when there is just a small black bar of 2" or so on the bottom of the picture, the white spot will be below the picture area.

Anyone else noticed this? You probably would not see it on a display other than a projector since they have very little overscan and it is in the extreme lower left of the picture.

I do not get this with any other source other than Voom HD. Dish HD is OK, DVD's are OK and my DVHS HD tapes are OK.

No, my digital camera stinks. Since my HT room is dark, it looks like a pinhole was punched in the wall and sunlight is streaming in and hitting the screen, but that is not the case, it is coming from Voom and I saw it at night. It's probably about 2/3" in size so on a 110" screen that's pretty small.

I got two white dots on the upper left of my screen when I was watching The L Word a few days ago. Tried to wipe them off the screen when I realized they were just fixed there. Really thought I had some kind of burnin that I hadn't noticed before.

But when that show ended, the dots disappeared and have not returned since. I assumed that they were somehow imbedded in the transfer of that show.

Shelly

Thats the problem with HD and awesome equipment, it shows ALL the defects in the program that is being broadcast :)

Bill

I had a similar white spot a few days ago. I thought it was something on the screen (65") but it wouldn't wipe off. I got scared at first because I thought something was wrong with the TV but then I brought up the menu or changed the channel or something and it disappeared.

It came back a little while later but I got rid of it easily this time.

The spots show up at different times. Change channels and they do go away. They are bright. I have only seen this since the software upgrade, and only on VOOM.

I Have 2 Ft. Projectors & One Is An Actual HD Not Up Or Down Converted & They Are Both Pretty New & My Screens Are Fine. My Guess is Your Projectors Don't Like The STB Setup (Resolution,Cropped or Not Etc.). You Could Also Have Some Dead Pixels.

I had what I thought looked like dead pixels in my plasma and actually was nuts enough to go tap on the glass screen thinking I'd make them go away. :) It really looked liked the problem was the plasma when you got real close but I also knew I never saw it before.

I had to turn the V* STB off then back on to make it go away. It re-ocurred several times then went away and I haven't seen it since. Nor do I wish to.

I took my screen off thinking I had a problem until I read about other people having the same problem and then having happen at least four more times...

I don't have dead pixels, this is a bright white square and is ONLY on VOOM HD. Is everyone elses in the lower left corner? I won't have a chance to check it out until Saturday so I'll see if I can come up with some explanation as to when/why it shows up.

I had this same white dot in the middle of my screen.. it stayed when I went to different channels.. which really scared me. I changed inputs to watch a DVD.. and it wasn't there. So it wasn't a TV issue. I went back to VOOM and continued changing channels.. it stayed there. I powered off the reciever and when it came back on... no more dot.. on any of the channels. VERY weird occurance... par for Voom however..

Dave

Dawson9 said:
I had this same white dot in the middle of my screen.. it stayed when I went to different channels.. which really scared me. I changed inputs to watch a DVD.. and it wasn't there. So it wasn't a TV issue. I went back to VOOM and continued changing channels.. it stayed there. I powered off the reciever and when it came back on... no more dot.. on any of the channels. VERY weird occurance... par for Voom however..

Dave

I just had the exact same thing happen with mine. Two white dots near the middle of the screen on every channel. I came right here to find a solution.
Just did a front panel soft reset and it cleared right up. Thanks

I got a white spot in the middle of my set on a voom movie yesterday, when i turned everything off then back on it would go away. But when i turned to that particular movie it reappeared and would stay with every channel. again when i turned everything off it would go away. Later that evening I turned to the same movie again and it wasnt there. Ive seen this before with d*.

my set is samsung hcn4727w rptv HD

I just saw the white dot at the beginning of bandits on the movie channel hd, channel 251. It went away when the movie started, it was present for the opening credits

If you see white or black pixels stuck in the same place on all VOOM channels, this might be caused by the Program Guide not cleared completely. See details posted here.

On the other hand, if the pixels appear on a single channel only - this is a different problem, likely caused by the source material, or by the uplink.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)