Live in 2 cities and want DTV in both

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Itzme

Original poster
Aug 13, 2008
My inlaws live in Sand Point, Idaho in the spring and summer and then move to Phoenix in fall and winter. They have had Directv in Idaho for years, and they suspend the account when they are in Phoenix. Now they want DTV when they go to Phoenix. When they called DirecTV to inquirer, they were told that the Satellite Dish would be free, but the 2nd DVR would cost either $199 or $99 (I can't remember). Wouldn't you think they'd give them the DVR in exchange for year-around service.

What should I tell them to do to get the best deal from DirecTV? Could they physically bring their DVR back and forth to save money? How would that affect getting locals?

Thanks!

I would suggest taking the DVR with them. It would be nice to have all of their previously recorded shows available. They should be able to use Movers Connection to move which includes the new dish and install.

When it's time to move back, they should have no problem either going online, or calling customer service.

I'd use the movers connection to have another dish installed, tote a DVR with them to the other place, and call in and change the service address to get your locals in that area every time they move.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)