Live in SoCal? Looking for a BUD?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

KJ6EO

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 16, 2013
118.3W 34.3N
I spotted another BUD just down the street from me. It's definitely a Winegard. Looks to be something like an 8 footer. Appears to be in good shape, has polar mount with actuator. I don't know if they're using it or not. If someone is interested, I'll be glad to take a drive down the street and ask!

Why not get it yourself for a spare if they want to get rid of it.

Even if you never end up using it, you could then trade it for something you need, or simply give it away.

Why don't you find out, and PM member pro96.
He lives in the valley just north of LA, and if it's not too far, might appreciate your help.
Havent heard him say what he is looking for lately, but he wants to move up from a 6'er.

I took a drive down the street and talked to the people who live under the BUD. This BUD is a Winegard (looks like a 6 footer to me), has a SuperStick Actuator, and a dual band horn. The dish is in really good shape (minimal rust). The guy said they haven't used it for about 10 years. He thinks he has the receiver. He also said the pole could be taken with it. He is asking $150.00. If anyone is interested, PM me. Or, I can also put an ad in the Classifieds section.

Attachments

• 20130815_111109_resized.jpg
    20130815_111109_resized.jpg
    497.2 KB · Views: 224
Why don't you find out, and PM member pro96.
He lives in the valley just north of LA, and if it's not too far, might appreciate your help.
Havent heard him say what he is looking for lately, but he wants to move up from a 6'er.

Master Anole - Does the BUD I found down the street look like a 6 footer to you? Did Winegard make 6 footers? I can measure it I
guess if I have to.

My guess, I guess, it's going to be a ten.
Edited photo and pasted 13 scalars across the dish. 13:mad:3/4)=9.75ft (guessing the scalar is ~9 inches)
Don't think a 6 would have the support ring ~half way to the lip.

No, doesn't look like 6', but not always easy to tell from one picture.
If you can get under it around mid-day, try measuring the shadow.
That may not work, depending how it's aimed.
?Hope it's attractive to pro96.
Sure is to me. ;)
But he's at least 50 miles closer. :up

My guess, I guess, it's going to be a ten.
Edited photo and pasted 13 scalars across the dish. 13:mad:3/4)=9.75ft (guessing the scalar is ~9 inches)
Don't think a 6 would have the support ring ~half way to the lip.

What up Fat? No, this dish is definitely not a 10'. My Pinnacle is a 10' and the dish down the street is much
smaller. If anything, it might be an 8'. The only way to know for sure would be to make a trip up to their roof
with a tape measure. I'm gonna find out for sure. As I previously said, this dish is in very nice condition. This one
could be taken down and put right back up again. I'm gonna ask the owner if he knows what size it is.

It doesn't have a Pinnacle mount.
And I -think- it's a mesh, not a perf.
But even if 8', it should be desirable to someone.
I'd still be curious if the mid-day shadow trick works. ;)
(the light rays ARE parallel, so it should)
?

might go see it this weekend with 100+ weather lol.

Mesh Panels

I'm in Palmdale and there are a couple of dishes up the street from me, but can't tell if anyone is using or not. One of the houses has a DTV dish also so I assume they aren't using it. I have some mesh panels for an Orbitron 8' if anyone is interested, also the polar mount. The entire dish is here, but the ribs are corroded where they were meeting in the middle. The intermediate plate was rusted away due to being too close to the ocean where I got it. (Long Beach) It has a chaparral KU/C also. I'd be looking at the 8' if it was close enough to me, but don't think my wife wants me to put up another dish since I have the 6' and 36" KU.:confused:

I have a WSI 6' dish, I am not using it anymore, is assemble, if anybody is interested, let m know is free.
Regards.
Chewie

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)