Live Retailer Charlie Chat Update

Now they are showing the ad for PlayinTV.

Again its a clone so far of last nights consumer chat.

Ok now we are on to Bingo TV and they are showing the Bingo TV stuff from last night.

They are now talking about HD, Saying HD Events is leaving the wings tommorow and HBO, Showtime and PPV will leave the wings on Feb 11th.

Dish 6000 owners will need the 8psk adapter.

They are not selling the 8psk for $59 but if they subscribe to the HD package for a year the module is free.

They are doing a heavy push on the HDTV's, they are offering free freight to the dealers.

And the $999 package deal to the customers.

I still say they are having a closeout sale. After all these TV's are sold I say dish is out of the TV sales business.

Now showing the 111 receiver. (We gave one of those away last night)

Now talking about inventory, Demand has outweighed the supply of units like the 811 and 921. They are working on getting them out the door as quick as possible.

They are also working on getting 121 SuperDISH's out the door ASAP.

Production on the products has increased.

Retailer Chat

Demand has outpaced supply?!!!!!

Did they expect less than 35 nation-wide to be sold!!!!

Free Dish and Free For All will continue (however no more 3 months free HBO and Showtime included)

Now talking about the new DHA plan.

Retailer Chat

How 'bout Free Dish and Free Dish for All WHO continue. I wonder if they have any estimates as far as how much churn has occurred since this whole HD, 811, 921, superdish fiasco has occurred?

The DHA Plan rate includes locals, there is no price difference if locals are not available in your area.

Locals now cover 90% of the population.

If a customer wants a 811 they MUST subscribe to the HD package.

Effective Feb 1st a new Dish Home Protection plan for $5.99 includes all hardware and FREE advaced receiver replacement, only good for new customers. And if you need help they will send someone to your house to your house for $29.99.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Talking about the restraining order because CBS is threatning to take away the superbowl, there will be a hearing in the court in a few days.

NOOOOOOOOO!!!! This better NOT happen!!!!

Scott Greczkowski said:
Effective Feb 1st a new Dish Home Protection plan for $5.99 includes all hardware and FREE advaced receiver replacement, only good for new customers. And if you need help they will send someone to your house to your house for $29.99.
Is this a replacement for the current $1.99 protection plan or just a new program?

Talking now about Retailer Only stuff now (Costs of stuff profit etc. We will not report that stuff here)

Pretty much the retailer chat is over for news now.

Thanks to everyone who joined me in the online chat.

Dish just announced a nice feature coming soon, when you look at the System info screen instead of showing the 800-333-DISH number it will display the number of your local retailer who installed your equipment, this should give everyone better local service. :)

Dish will be doing an update on the 811 and 921 which will allow a user to decide to remap their satellite locals to their OTA channel number

This update is expected within 30 days.

This is a positive, however the OTA listings for Digital Channels is still a way off.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Dish will be doing an update on the 811 and 921 which will allow a user to decide to remap their satellite locals to their OTA channel number

This is a positive, however the OTA listings for Digital Channels is still a way off.

this is good news. they still need to fix the buggy 8vsb tuner!!!!!!!!!

Scott Greczkowski said:

Wonder if they can do this for the 6000 as well.

Harry said:
How about asking the obvious question as to why the retailers are not getting informed as to their shipping dates and quantities for the 811's? From what I've seen, they are very frustrated and get no info from E* about when they can expect to get the receivers and pass it on to us customers!

Retailers are hearing all sorts of excuses nationwide...inventory computer glitches, weather delays and "oops we don't have any to ship so you won't be getting the ones I said you would".

Retailers are sitting and waiting on the official written business rules we must follow as a misstatement of promo facts has dire consequences.

There was really no new promo information today which was wierd.

I believe Charlie and Jim make this stuff up as the show airs, some of it is so wacky.