Live Retailer Chat Recap (November 4, 2004)

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Greetings all and welcome to SatelliteGuys Exclusive LIVE coverage of todays Retailer Charlie Chat.

As always delicate Dealer Information such as costs will not be mentioned.

We start the showing with the launch of AMC-15

We jump into programming, 151 locals have been launched up to now.
Billins MT
Casper WY
and a bunch more cities were shown on the screen. (I will get a screen capture of it after the chat is over)

Now talking about Internationals, they are launching a new International Preview Channel on 61.5 and 148.

Continuing on talking about Internationals they show a video of recent International Channel Launches.

TARA and SPT (International Channels) launch today.

On Pay Per View there are 3 events this month, first up is boxing. (Although they show a WRESTLING ad) Now we see an ad for boxing a Holyfield fight.. And we get anther boxing ad.

Coming soon Dish Network Interactive KARAOKE! With Sound Stage Karaoke. Now an ad is showing you how to turn your Dish Network receiver into a Karoke Machine. (Im not making this up!)

It appears that is the end of programming talk, NO MENTION OF HD AT ALL.

They are now talking Dealer Economics of things (we don't report things like that here)

Scott Greczkowski said:
It appears that is the end of programming talk, NO MENTION OF HD AT ALL.

They are now talking Dealer Economics of things (we don't report things like that here)

Yes, but they are giving us KARAOKE!!!! Beat that D*, V* or cable!!! :smug

I just received word from our ISP that the server will be going offline in 9 minutes for a memory upgrade... (Great timing guys)

Damn, your ISP should be doing that @ 3am. I don't ever take my servers down during business hours unless they are broke.

While we are down some MAJOR news came out, Dish is lowering the MSRP on the 921 to $549. (That is NOT a misprint)

I am in shock at this as you might be. More details of this as we now them.

Remember you heard it here first SatelliteGuys.US.

Scott Greczkowski said:
While we are down some MAJOR news came out, Dish is lowering the MSRP on the 921 to $549. (That is NOT a misprint)

Perhaps a precurser to the 942 release?

Scott..WHEN????

When can I get it and where?!?!?!?!?!

I was holding off, this is great news!!!!

I am really taken back by the 921 announcement, and am not sure what to make of it yet. I am sure DishStore.NET will offer it at that price, this was a big surprise to us.

Anyways the chat is over, so besides news on the 921 pricing change and the addition of Dish Karaoke there is not much to report.

Well, while I still would NEVER want one of these even that cheap, it's still good news for us D-Tivo folks, as now D-Tivo will most likely lower the price of THEIR HD DVR to match... :D :D

DishStore.NET will be changing their pricing on 921's in a little bit, we want to make sure we can get 921's from DISH before offering them for that price.

It's nice to offer them for $549 but with no inventory it is hard to sell them. :)

dishrich said:
Well, while I still would NEVER want one of these even that cheap, it's still good news for us D-Tivo folks, as now D-Tivo will most likely lower the price of THEIR HD DVR to match... :D :D

That maybe true, but will you be able to do Karaoke with it? :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts