Live Retailer Chat Recap (November 4, 2004)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
nuts4scuba said:
I don't know their rep, but vssll.com is already showing the 921 at 549.00
http://www.vssll.com/pvr921.html

Wow check out the dish network keyboard!!! I had no clue one of those exists, that's super cool.

721_921keyboard.jpg

They said that they were "clearing off the shelves", so I assume this is a closeout to make room for the new model.

One other interesting not is the reduction in the HD TV Sets.

Yeah, and that's all of ONE WEEK after I bought one for the Satellite Guys special price of $839! I know you didn't know about this, Scott, but I feel a little bit hosed.

Brad

Actually, I shouldn't complain . I made a profit on all my old Dish equipment, especially the 6000 which I recently sold on ebay .

Maybe the 942 will be worse than the 921 and I can sell it at a profit too . :)

AJF said:
Actually, I shouldn't complain . I made a profit on all my old Dish equipment, especially the 6000 which I recently sold on ebay .

Maybe the 942 will be worse than the 921 and I can sell it at a profit too . :)
Seeing it is supposed to be based on the 522 software it probably won't be better. :D :D :D

I think this huge price drop is really great.
BUT, I also think Dish/Echostar should make amends to us that paid full price or close to it by offering some sort of a rebate or freebie, like HD package for a couple years for free.
I've been a loyal Dish customer from almost the very beginning and now am annoyed more than can be expressed here. (my keyboard won't type foul language)

dimi1963 said:
Any word on lease offers for the 921?
Seeing this is a closeout price don't hold your breath for any lease option. DISH wants to get rid of this product not continue to service it under a lease. :)

Bradtothebone said:
Yeah, and that's all of ONE WEEK after I bought one for the Satellite Guys special price of $839! I know you didn't know about this, Scott, but I feel a little bit hosed.

Brad

I am in exactly the same situation and also feel the way you do. Timing is everything I guess.

I wonder if Dish will make any commitment to continue to support fixes for all the problems associated with the 921. My 811 slowly gets better. If they would still do the same for the 921, this could be a great deal.

If there are not too many sold at this price then I could see the price rising on the 921 after the inventory is gone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts