Live Retailer Chat Recap - October 16, 2008

Question about Wichita Falls / Lawton....

Ok, I finally see that my Wichita Falls / Lawton DMA is getting HD locals next Wednesday. I already have SD locals for the market. What do I have to do to get the HD locals when they launch?

Thanks for the info, I would appreciate it.

10 weeks until the end of 2008..... Still no word on the rest of the HD....

One thing I don't get..... If they have all that spare capacity on the birds.... WHY don't they dial down the compression for a few months to make the HD pop off the screen like it used to when they first added it tothe service... Picture seems softer now....

Nobody said it was going to be national HD channels being added to reach the 150 mark. They have 114 channels right now, watch Charlie pull a fast one and give us 36 HD PPV channels to reach the 150 mark. 114 +36=150 :eek:

Nobody said it was going to be national HD channels being added to reach the 150 mark. They have 114 channels right now, watch Charlie pull a fast one and give us 36 HD PPV channels to reach the 150 mark. 114 +36=150 :eek:

Ditto! My thought exactly! He's going to screw us, u can count on that! :rolleyes:

Ok, I finally see that my Wichita Falls / Lawton DMA is getting HD locals next Wednesday. I already have SD locals for the market. What do I have to do to get the HD locals when they launch?

Thanks for the info, I would appreciate it.
You have to have a second dish pointed at 61.5
I had an old Dish 300 I installed several months ago when they were supposed to be added.

If you get the right CSR, you should be able to get a free install after they are added.

it could be more like 110+40ppv hd =150 if they keep doing there normal things.:D

I wouldn't expect them to get past 140 even if they could. I've read some interesting analysis at the other site that shows DirecTV only has the capacity for 140 HD channels, despite their claims of 150. They are using 2 TPs (which they put 5 per for Ka) that could be CONUS for LiL spots. They have essentially space for 19 more channels, given the space they have to reserve for part time RSNs and NFL Sunday Ticket. I don't think we will see Charlie go much past the competition.

You have to have a second dish pointed at 61.5
I had an old Dish 300 I installed several months ago when they were supposed to be added.

If you get the right CSR, you should be able to get a free install after they are added.

Thank you for that, next question? :) Is there an additional charge per month for the HD locals and how much is it?

Do these people listen to the crap they're spewing?!

What do the retailers have to do with it? Dish needs to start providing channels people want at a price they're willing to pay!

Come on, people, drink the kool-aid.:p:p

Up and to right of Phil's left shoulder, there is a Fox logo, but I can't make out the right portion of it.

I couldn't find anything that matched it in the google image archive so I decided to play with that image by itself. I cropped everything else out from around Phil's shoulder and this is what I came up with. Seems to be a logo that just says FOX HD with a bar above and below the HD. Take a look at this:

20.jpg

You can almost make out the "HD" after the FOX. I have not altered individual pixles, just brightness and contrast. Now that I know it says FOX HD, I can go back to the original picture and make it out there as well... or maybe I'm just tricking myself into believing that is what it says.

I was hoping it was a FOX News HD or Fox Business logo, but no such luck.

I wouldn't expect them to get past 140 even if they could. I've read some interesting analysis at the other site that shows DirecTV only has the capacity for 140 HD channels, despite their claims of 150. They are using 2 TPs (which they put 5 per for Ka) that could be CONUS for LiL spots. They have essentially space for 19 more channels, given the space they have to reserve for part time RSNs and NFL Sunday Ticket. I don't think we will see Charlie go much past the competition.

One of them doing something would sure help. Dish being silent puts no pressure on Directv, which is what we all need. We cant rely on Cable co's to pressure Directv or Dish.

If you pay the $5 for locals and also have any HD package, you automatically get the HD locals if they are available.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)