LNB Digiwave DGL - 03U any good?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Not sure who actually manufactures this but it is a reasonably priced honest spec, no silly claims and there are many badged models of this on the market. I have used the standard and the universal versions and they are fine. Perhaps my only problem with them is it can be difficult to achieve 4 degree spacing with adjacent LNBS if you are on the east or west coast trying to reach the other end of the arc.

Just my opinion.. I wouldn't buy anything with the name Digiwave on it ever again... I bought a 39" Digiwave brand Ku dish, and the paint bubbled and flaked off.. The reflector was also badly out of focus.

Lately I've been doing some research on over-the-air antennas, and I've locally found a store selling Digiwave antennas... Their made-in-China "UHF" antennas are for channels 21 thru 69, even though UHF channels here in Canada (and US) start at channel 14. Their antennas are knock-offs of higher quality ChannelMaster equipment.

I don't have any experience with that particular Digiwave LNB, but from all that I've seen, Digiwave seems to sell very low-end equipment, and you get what you pay for..

That's my 2 cents worth :)

(Opinions above are my own, and are not the opinion of SatelliteGuys ;) )

Hi guys I would like to listen your opinions about this LNB

I don't know much about that LNB. I seem to remember some Digiwave LNB, being rather poor. If you don't need one today I would enter the contest that Sadoun is putting on. If you want something today, one of these two are going to be my next LNB purchase LNB LNBF For Satellite TV Ku Standard Universal DSS FSS Circular and Linear Ku band Chaparral Single Universal Ku Band LNBF | International Ku Band Satellite Dish LNB LNBF by Chaparral

Those made in China antennas 21-69 were probably destined for Europe market but users and installers there no longer buy Chinese antennas due to too many problems and poor quality. So it looks like they are now being pushed on to North America.

There are some reasonable equipment built in China mainly from factories sent up by American companies and it takes some research to find them. Pity they could not have set up in the US !(I'll get of my soapbox now)

I am not sure why so much emphasis is put on LNBs.

Manufacturers' specifications in many cases seem to be written by washing powder salesman and claims become wildly inaccurate.

If anyone wants to improve their signal and quality the real answer is not in the LNB but a bigger dish. The gain in doing so is a multiplication of any real gain from an LNB.

high five:

I am not sure why so much emphasis is put on LNBs.

Manufacturers' specifications in many cases seem to be written by washing powder salesman and claims become wildly inaccurate.

If anyone wants to improve their signal and quality the real answer is not in the LNB but a bigger dish. The gain in doing so is a multiplication of any real gain from an LNB.
I couldn't agree more - :up
But, with any given dish, you'd like a passable LNB.

I've played around with both Invacom and bargain basement LNBs.
Sometimes it's just comforting to know you didn't spend the car payment on a spare, or an LNB to do some experiments with.

I got some for about $7 from IvyStonePlace a few years ago, (supposedly surplus from Sky Mexico production) and they seemed fine.
I sent one to Linuxman and after evaluating it, he got more and outfitted several dishes.
(pictures: 87° & 97°, 123° & 129°)

As for close spacing, I've seen the GeoSat Mini (or bullet) at quite attractive prices on the web.

While the above were certainly modestly priced, they did perform well.
What's my point? I guess you pay your money and take your chances.
If you get burned, try others. Some are quite good!
Check our Hardware Review department, and contribute to it if you get a new toy. - :up

I know a lot of people talk about the Invacom and also the chaparral but the problem I got with the chaparral is that are not easy to buy on internet, sadoun and amazon doesn't have them, they only sell most likely invacoms and digiwave that's why I bought this one.

My first little review about this LNB is that works as it sould I still need to do more test to see how it works in real life.

wow that TechSAT TRACKER II+ looks interesting, I would like to buy it online some day, anyone knows if this can be bought via internet?

Interesting so the DMX521 is even better than Tracker II, I would like to know if this is the same for the Tracker II+ (plus)

I was about to mention that another of our Gold Sponsors has the Chaparral LNB, but the link Iceberg gave above takes you to the same site.
I've never used one, nor read any comments, so have no opinion.

WSI and Galaxy Marketing are the wholesale and retail sides of the same company.

If you take a look at the specs for both LNBs you will notice the most important figures have the word "typical" next to them. this should probably read allegedly.
To my view there is no doubt that the Invacom range is well constructed and if your dish is not too accessable I would go for one of these which are readily available thru the forum sponsors. I used these where the ambient temperatures exceeded 110F in the middle east without problems, I have found the plastic cases of some LNBs can disintigrate quite badly.

Attachments

• DXB Technical Specifications.doc
    51 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:
I compared the TrackerII to another WSI product, the DMX521. My results are in this thread, YMMV.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-ai...t-trackerii-vs-wsi-dmx521-single-ku-lnbf.html

Thanks for the heads up on the DMX Phlat. I have wondered how it was. I have a DMX741U, on my mini, which I think is great for C. I actually am going to use it on my new 7.5 & convert my 1.2 into a Ku. My new toy the 7.5 has a Chaparral Mini Mag LNB which is ready to retire;) When I get it hooked up, maybe I should compare the Chaparral & the DMX on the 1.2

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)