LNB Drift Detected?

ratbag

Original poster
Sep 14, 2005
This msg in my sys info suggest I have a problem... any ideas, search on this topic reveals little

additional codes

0x0d, 0xa1

129(e-10)

Thanks again Timberwolf,

This is my brothers system and he uses a dish 500 + a dish 300 pan(dual DP lnb) for his 722... the 300 pan is for sat 129

using an external switch or the input of a dpp twin?

also could be the line or connectors between the 2 dishes

The 129 lnb is going out, call Dish and get it replaced, or buy a replacement lnb for the D300.

LNB drift is really frequency drift (the LNBs are tuned to a certain frequency). The newer receivers can compensate for some amount of drift, but if it gets too high you will lose signal. Many times LNB drift is affected by temperature. A few years ago I had an LNB that drifted with temperature. During the day, as the temperature increased, the LNB drift got worse and I would lose channels. Later, at night when it cooled off, the drift would decrease and the channels would come back on.

Back then, Dish would replace the LNB if the drift was 8 or more. I don't know what their policy is now, but you should call them. They will most likely replace it. If you don't do anything the drift will likely get worse and you will lose channels.

Unless you start loosing picture there is no need to worry about it. LNB drift is not uncommon and until it gets past 10 it will make little to no difference w/ the VIP units.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)