Please reply by conversation.

Gray1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 11, 2005
St. Louis, Missouri
Merry Christmas Everyone.

I purchased my own gift this year. A Winegard 2076. I need to get a
good LNB for it. Thinking about a Invacom SNH-031. Can this be used with the Winegard 2076 and a Mercury II ? Does it matter if its a fixed or motorized dish?

All LNB suggestions appreciated.

Thanks
Allen

yes it will work fine. Pretty much any LNB out there with a 40mm throat will work on the Winegard :)

It is a fixed dish...No motor yet. In C-Band, you get a cheap LNB you dont get a good picture. The dish is small. Thats why I want to buy a good LNB.

Thanks
allen

You will not receive any C-band programming with a 76cm dish. With a 1.2M dish it is possible to receive stronger C-band signals, but a 1.8M or 2.4m Dish is a minimum for reliable C-band reception.

It is a fixed dish...No motor yet. In C-Band, you get a cheap LNB you dont get a good picture. The dish is small. Thats why I want to buy a good LNB.

Thanks
allen
With digital KU your picture will be excellent with any LNBF that works at all. A better LNBF will make the difference of receiving a weak transponder or not, but if you get the channel the picture quality will be good. I have used LNBFs that cost less then $10 that worked well.
Bob

I purchased my own gift this year. A Winegard 2076. I need to get a good LNB for it.

I use the mini-bullet LNBF from SatelliteAV. It is amazing and impossibly small.
It comes in both Universal and Single models, and you can use the 4-degree bracket with your 2076 and some hardware.
The 2076 was my first FTA dish and it is still the best.

Here is the link:
LNBFs - SatelliteAV, LLC.

I would not suggest using the Invacom Quad (QPH-031) with the Winegard 2076, since the weight of the Quad tends to flex the LNBF holder on the Winegard dish upward a bit, keeping it from hitting the sweet spot on the dish. I have not had this problem on the 90 CM Azure Shine dishes, such as the ones offered by SatelliteAV and 3ABN, mainly because they come with additional side supports for the LNBF arm.

I have the QPH-031 on my 1m dish. It is heavy, but works extremely well. I use it for Linear and have not used the circular portion of it for some time. Other members of this forum have in the past also recogmended the Extreme I and II LNBF's. I do not have one myself, but know they get high praise by the members here. I choose the QPH-031 for its great performance, is a standard and not universal and was available locally for me. I have tried a DigiWave standard and ended up throughing it out as it was very unreliable.

I bought the Invacom SNH 031 a few years ago, mostly based on the favorable review in our Review Department.
The larger sized 36" Fortec dish got a good report over smaller dishes, too.
I've never regretted either purchase.

For dish comparison , Mike has some intresting data on his Global-CM site.
It's more hard data, not a review, so you'll have to look it over and come to your own conclusions.

I have the QPH-031 on my 1m dish. It is heavy, but works extremely well.

It should work well on the 1 meter Winegard, since that dish has reinforcements for the LNBF arm similar to those found on the Azure Shine dishes. Don't know why they decided not to put those on the 2076, probably figuring most people would just be using the dish as a DirecTV rain-fade solution.

It should work well on the 1 meter Winegard, since that dish has reinforcements for the LNBF arm similar to those found on the Azure Shine dishes.

I also made sure that the focal point from the drawings was where the LNBF was mounted to make sure I would receive maximum signal. I found just tightening the bolts of the LNB arm (the two on back of the dish) would make a big difference as to where the LNBF was positioned. The two side support arms kept the arm placed in the centre line of the dish, but the two bolts on the back would move the arm up and down. The drawings were invaluable for positioning the LNBF at the optimal point.
Please see this thread for the drawings: (of the Starchoice/Winegard 1m)
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/64324-dish-focal-distance.html

Last edited:
Well for any that is interested I purchased a single standard mini from SatelliteAV. Brian was very helpful there.

Thanks for the suggestions
Allen

Status
Please reply by conversation.

I got a ...

Welcome back Sadoun!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)