This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

LNB Indentification

Status
Please reply by conversation.

vtguru

Original poster
Dec 9, 2011
Northern Vermont
Fairly new to the satellite and lnb world. Can anyone tell me if this is a
circular or linear polarization lnb based on the pictures? I am trying to
pull in G18 V Ku. There are no markings or labels on it. It is also on a
1.2m Andrews.

Tom

Attachments

• 2011-12-08_15-58-54_204.jpg
    678.7 KB · Views: 172
  • 2011-12-08_15-59-12_865.jpg
    562.3 KB · Views: 171
Without any markings to help it may be nearly impossible to know by looking at it just what it is. Now if you have a good meter of some type with a display that at least could help tell what signal it's able to receive, at least if it C or KU, whether it's circular or linear that's another story. Otherwise it just might be a lot easier to spend the money for now on another one.

Sadly I've seen LNB's like that (gutted from the case) that are linear and some are circular

I agree with sergei...might be easier to buy a new one. The LNB holder on there can hold a regular LNB (one that doesnt have the casing gutted off of it)

D mount it looks like my dishnet lnb out of it's case.
Pop the end cap off and look for a plate in the throat or casting that would make it circular.

yeah it looks like circular..That "bulge" right above the coax plugs usually was the sign it was bandstacked. I had a few of those here at the house and they looked like that

Fairly new to the satellite and lnb world. Can anyone tell me if this is a
circular or linear polarization lnb based on the pictures? I am trying to
pull in G18 V Ku. There are no markings or labels on it. It is also on a
1.2m Andrews.

Tom

This is a Band staked Dishnetwork Circular LNB.

I disagree.
The Dish band stacked has the F-connector straight out the bottom, not ported at a side angle.

Could be a legacy dish circular lnb, they are very common, or an after market linear designed to fit a DSS dish.
Looking down the throat, circular doesn't necessarily have a dielectric plate. Many circular have stepped ribs.
But if it has a clean round waveguide probably linear and if so quite useful.

Last edited:
Ice,
The lnb photo I just posted is from a super dish. Your link could also be from a super dish, but is not likely to be the band stacked lnb. Your lnb is usually assigned as a side car for 119w.

Last edited:
I thought it was old style legacy from the dish 300 or 500 days,taken out of the plastic to make it throat mount.

You're right, I meant to say DPP dual circular LNB. Thanks for the correction.

I disagree.
The Dish band stacked has the F-connector straight out the bottom, not ported at a side angle.
The only time it looks like that is on a Superdish
Look at any single, dual or twin LNB that is from Dish. Its the D shaped with the coax output off the side. While there is a KU LNB that looks like a Directv LNB (The rectangle one) Dish is the only provider to use the "D" shaped LNB

Status
Please reply by conversation.