LNB question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jself1982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 15, 2006
South Carolina
Can your LNB's on your feedhorn get too cold and interfere with reception? Everynight here we have been dropping down to about 30 degrees and at 4:15am I watch a digital feed on E2, however the feed is so choppy and pixelated that you can't see or hear it. I have moved the dish around and all that good stuff, but I still get these choppy feeds every night. The other digital (FTA) feeds come in ok, I am just curious as to why this one is so choppy. Could it be that my LNB is too cold? What could it possibly be?

A number of years ago I had the same problem. The lnb was new. As the evening went on, and the temperature continued to drop, the signal level would slowly decrease so that by 11 or 12 o'clock there was no signal. At first I could not figure it out. But, after a while, I came to realize that it only occurred on very cold nights and the amount of signal loss was dependent on how low the temp dropped. Contacted the manufacturer of the lnb and expalained the problem. At their request, I returned it for a replacement. The replacement worked perfectly.

Joe

Do you have a spare LNB to swap out and see if that cures it?

I have a California something LNB somewheres around my shop, I actually had forgot about having it. If it doesn't work, is there something I can do to my LNB now to keep it "warm"?

The dish is a 10 foot unimesh channel master dish, the feedhorn has a black feedhorn cover over the lnb/servo setup.

Also, why is this one feed in particular the only feed I have these problems with, most of the other DVB cband feeds work ok in the middle of the night. The other digital feeds on E2 (Anik E2) work ok as well at the same time I am trying to watch the Days feed.

I have a California something LNB somewheres around my shop, I actually had forgot about having it. If it doesn't work, is there something I can do to my LNB now to keep it "warm"?

The dish is a 10 foot unimesh channel master dish, the feedhorn has a black feedhorn cover over the lnb/servo setup.

Also, why is this one feed in particular the only feed I have these problems with, most of the other DVB cband feeds work ok in the middle of the night. The other digital feeds on E2 (Anik E2) work ok as well at the same time I am trying to watch the Days feed.

Maybe, if you posted the tp info for the feed you are having trouble with, someone else can take a look at it, could be a weak transponder?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)