lnb question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

outbackjack

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 8, 2006
maine
i have looked through the different manuals but it gets blurry after awhile with all the information. since i put an actuator on my dish i never moved the skew of the lnb from when it was fixed on one sat. with the polar mount should the skew now be back to zero like my ku dish? i didnt know if prime focus is different or not for skew when scanning the arc. thanks for any help

outbackjack said:
i have looked through the different manuals but it gets blurry after awhile with all the information. since i put an actuator on my dish i never moved the skew of the lnb from when it was fixed on one sat. with the polar mount should the skew now be back to zero like my ku dish? i didnt know if prime focus is different or not for skew when scanning the arc. thanks for any help

The LNB skew should be back to zero when the prime focus dish is at the top of the arc just like an offset design motorized dish.

SatelliteAV said:
The LNB skew should be back to zero when the prime focus dish is at the top of the arc just like an offset design motorized dish.

I have a related question, when setting the dish to the top of the arc, is there a setting on the receiver or is this just done by eye sight?

The feed will line up with the highest(or lowest) point of the dish when it is aligned to your true south.
Just done by eye. And if need, fine tuned while on a sat/TP.

thanks guys with this weather i havent been able to get out there until now. yeah it definately made a difference. now just hoping this massive storm will leave my setup intact

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)