LNB question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

panchopantera

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 21, 2004
I have a hughes 18" DTV dish single LNB. If I need a double LNB, is it as simple as just replacing the single LNB with a double LNB? if so, how do I make sure that the LNB will fit my dish in terms of screws location, etc?
Thanks for your help.
Luis.

Lnb

panchopantera said:
I have a hughes 18" DTV dish single LNB. If I need a double LNB, is it as simple as just replacing the single LNB with a double LNB? if so, how do I make sure that the LNB will fit my dish in terms of screws location, etc?
Thanks for your help.
Luis.

Single lnb ? meaning you just see 1 round circular end on it?
Or do you know it only has 1 port on the lnb?
Are you trying to get another connection from it?

Any input here would help!

I mean single in the sense that there is only one coax output from it. I once had a Sony antenna dual LNB which was a single phisical LNB but two coax outputs. This has only one. I do not longer have the Sony.

What I want to do is feed two sat signals to my new R10 Tivo reciever, which I upgraded from my Sony SAT-A3

Thanks !
Luis.

Most Directv dishes have rectangular LNB mounts, Sony had their own method and early Hughes dishes had a LNB that mounted inside inside a plastic arm. Later Hughes models used a "D" shaped tube and a LNB like DISH network uses, these could be replaced by the rectangular standard Directv LNB. Wal Mart had dual LNBs for about $35.

Thank you for your advise.
I'll look into what type of dish it is and find the appropiate LNB

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)