LNB Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.
That will work, the SL3 does not see 119 but as i posted it puts the 101 guide data in the "119 slot" so the guide data issue goes away.
Obviously if there is something you need from 119 this isn't a solution....what's your zip code?

His needs, as in what lnb he needs to get service, are also determined by los, which he clearly said has restrictions to the 119 satellite.
not true, if DIRECTV® requires a 5LNB and there is NLOS to any of those required sats, installed is cancelled.

not true, if DIRECTV® requires a 5LNB and there is NLOS to any of those required sats, installed is cancelled.
How do you know that? I've read posts from installers that say you can get a waiver to install a 3lnb is there is no los.

How do you know that? I've read posts from installers that say you can get a waiver to install a 3lnb is there is no los.
Waivers are never given out for NLOS issues, never. If account requires 5LNB, there must be LOS to all the sats required, only option to customer is to drop to a package that does not required the sat 119.

Waivers are never given out for NLOS issues, never. If account requires 5LNB, there must be LOS to all the sats required, only option to customer is to drop to a package that does not required the sat 119.
How do you know this?

right on! But if the 119 is required as part of their package, they are forfeiting support for DIRECTV®.
Not really .... If I have a 5 lnb set up, I did originally, and I changed it to a 3, D* doesn't forfeit any service on the account.
Actually, I have had all the different set ups at one time or another.

D* doesn't care as long as it's a working set up. And it's thier configuration of course.

do you subscribe to an Spanish Language package? Are you SD LiL coming from the 119?
Thats what I was gonna post on the last one but forgot and hit it to soon.
I don't have anything off the 119 that I require.
My locals are HD and on the 99 or 103 ...

There are still numerous foreign language channels there.

Claude, I am absolutely certain that if you have an SL5 non-swm, and no SWM multiswitch, you CANNOT solve the guide data issue by telling the receiver it's an SL3. Go back and read my post. It's all tied up with the DirecTV stack plan.

Ok I know it will work this way with SWM.

The only non swm stuff I do is when I only need 101. I forget the last time I hooked up an HD receiver with legacy equipment.

Thats what I was gonna post on the last one but forgot and hit it to soon.
I don't have anything off the 119 that I require.
My locals are HD and on the 99 or 103 ...
Then that is exactly why you were able to change it without affecting your account

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts