LNB Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mike1234

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 2, 2005
Hello All...

I was handed a P-Star dish yesterday with LNB. LNB is marked with an H and V (assuming this is horizontal and vertical) connections. Model is njr2119f (if that helps anyone)... Does this LNB have ANY use in a FTA setup?

I'm hoping to put a C band LNB on the P-Star dish soon and get started in FTA! :D

Thanks in advance for any info...

The LNBF can be used but you would need a switch to toggle between polarity. I have the same dish, removed the LNBF and put on a ASC-421 C-Band LNBF.

WELL WORTH it! Even if just for the ASN channel on Anik F1 (IMHO)

Excellent!

I'm really looking foward to C band and the wild feeds...I'll look into the H/V switch.

I am a little confused on WHAT the LNB can be used for...Can you shed some light? Is this something I can use with say, a Coolsat receiver? Also what band were these LNBs? C, Ku, etc...?

Thanks again for the help, folks

Both LNBF can be used with your receiver for both digital and analog channels (need analog receiver for analog) : )

The P* LNBF is KU-Band with a L.O. of 10750

ASC-421 is C-Band and you would use 05150 for the L.O.

KU band frequencies have 5 digits

C Band frequencies have just 4 digits.

Mike1234: Love the avatar test card ;)

I have a little peice of equipment you'd like; if you pay for shipping, it's yours.
It's a voltage-controlled multiswitch, brand new. Basically, you could hook both the Horizontal and Vertical from your lnb to this, then have a single line go to your reciever. This way it will automatically switch from one connector to the other when your receiver goes H or V.

I'm sure the other guys can explain it better, but it sounds like it'd be handy in your case. Oh, and welcome to the forum :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)