lnb skew/servo position question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lumpkin666

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 21, 2007
USA
I'm setting up a BUD for someone using the older style LNB with the servo that controls the polarity. I realized after I started, that I don't have any BUDs installed that use the older style lnb anymore, so I have nothing to compare to. Can someone refresh my memory on the position/skew of the lnb?

If I have the dish pointing due south, where should the servo be "pointing"? I am thinking that it should be be in the 10:00 position, but I am not sure and would rather not spend my day tinkering with this simple issue if I can avoid it.

thx for the help!

Hey lumpkin666,

If it is a Co-Rotor, or Chaparral feed-horn, usually the servo motor and C-Band LNB are directly opposed to one another. Some of the Co-Rotors had the Ku LNB directly opposed to the C-Band LNB. Some have the Ku off to the side just a little.

Either way, I have had good success putting the servo motor/C-Band LNB at 10:30/4:30 position.

If you get it just right, there won't be very much skew setting to have to mess with. A little bit off in either direction, you will have to set the skew on almost every satellite.

Fred

Thank linuxman. I forget that there are other brands of lnb's other than chaparral, as I've actually never seen anything but chaparral around here. I'll give the 10:30/4:30 a try and see what I can get with that.

thx!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts