lnb skew/servo position question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

lumpkin666

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 21, 2007
USA
I'm setting up a BUD for someone using the older style LNB with the servo that controls the polarity. I realized after I started, that I don't have any BUDs installed that use the older style lnb anymore, so I have nothing to compare to. Can someone refresh my memory on the position/skew of the lnb?

If I have the dish pointing due south, where should the servo be "pointing"? I am thinking that it should be be in the 10:00 position, but I am not sure and would rather not spend my day tinkering with this simple issue if I can avoid it.

thx for the help!

Hey lumpkin666,

If it is a Co-Rotor, or Chaparral feed-horn, usually the servo motor and C-Band LNB are directly opposed to one another. Some of the Co-Rotors had the Ku LNB directly opposed to the C-Band LNB. Some have the Ku off to the side just a little.

Either way, I have had good success putting the servo motor/C-Band LNB at 10:30/4:30 position.

If you get it just right, there won't be very much skew setting to have to mess with. A little bit off in either direction, you will have to set the skew on almost every satellite.

Fred

Thank linuxman. I forget that there are other brands of lnb's other than chaparral, as I've actually never seen anything but chaparral around here. I'll give the 10:30/4:30 a try and see what I can get with that.

thx!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts