lnb skew???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

IntelPennny4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 28, 2016
USA
im using a 7 foot 8 inch dish and want to know do i have to set the skew if im only using the dish for one sat at a time? i ask because i am not able to scan in V channels but the H channels do scan in

Reactions: hank123
If using a motor you set skew for zero.
If using as a fixed dish(one at a time), yes you need to manually change the skew each time you move the dish to a different bird.
Going to dishpointer.com and entering your address, then select with satellite you want to work with and at the bottom it will show you where to set the skew.

ok i been doing that all a long then. so im thinking i need a bigger dish then because i cant get some transponders on some sats. but i am able to get a signal and scan channels in

ok i been doing that all a long then. so im thinking i need a bigger dish then because i cant get some transponders on some sats. but i am able to get a signal and scan channels in
Yes, that dish is on the smaller side, but what do you mean by you cannot get some transponders. If you are looking at lyngsat or sathint, not all those transponders listed work, as some are outdated.

My hyro that measures out at 7.5 feet, pulls in 90% out of the sky.

What kind of LNB(f) are you using? Any switches?

Where in the USA are you? What sats are you trying to hit?

using titanium c1-pll lnb. its a straight line from lnb to box nuthing else. live in NY up near boarder. im able to beam in 97,99,101,105,125,127 the problem is i cant get some transponder. like ok so on 125 i beam it in and i cant get the Music Choice channels. same thing with other sats too. it seems like the lnb or box idk which one but it only scans in H not V

receiver model number geosat pro hdvr3500. its on a pipe in the ground. will get pictures tomorrow way to dark right now here

Why what other receivers will get them channels???
IMG_0252.JPG
IMG_0253.JPG
IMG_0256.JPG
IMG_0250.JPG

Okay,dish is on a polar mount so you should only have to set the skew once and it will track all the sats.IF you have the dish properly tracking the arc.When you change sats how are you moving the dish?
In the receiver make sure you have it set for 13v(vert) and 18v(horiz) switching,for each sat.If it's set for just 18v you will only get horizontal.

yes if i adjust the skew i do get V. waylew im not using motor to move dish. using my arms lol. the dish is only for one bird at a time. no need for a motor mover. i have came to the point where i just think i need to get a 10ft or 12ft. i just think its not big enough for the transponders that i want to hit. maybe one of you guys with a 10 or 12ft can see if yous can hit the transponder im looking for its on 101 transponder 4080 V 30000. if so scan and tell me what you get for channels or just take pic for i can see for myself

Well you're making a lot more work for yourself.Get the dish set up to track the arc,set the lnbf once and don't have to touch it again,and use a 12v battery/charger/jump box,whatever,to operate the motor when you want to move the dish.
4080 channels are scrambled,no pic,but there is audio if all you want is to listen.On my less than well tuned 10' and AZBox Ultra quality is about 70.Your 7.5' should pic them up.

Reactions: bigg t
well i was able to tune it in i guess my skew was off little bit. they dont call this for a hobby for nuthing. i say that bc i dont mind the work bc i feel i learn more that way. motors and wires eh idk if i want to get into that much work lol. will one day tho im just starting out really.

Reactions: KE4EST
well i was able to tune it in i guess my skew was off little bit. they dont call this for a hobby for nuthing. i say that bc i dont mind the work bc i feel i learn more that way. motors and wires eh idk if i want to get into that much work lol. will one day tho im just starting out really. Hey my dish is 7.8 thank you very much lol .

You can see my dish in avatar. I had a problem that music choice slowly faded away over several months. The other polarity worked ok and signals below 3.9 ghz worked ok. The feed horn cover had a crack but did not think that was a problem. Replaced the LNB and coax but still had the same problem so noticed when the weather got warmer wasps flying around dish. Purchased a inspection unit from harbor freight and looked up into feed horn and found 2 wasp nests. I removed nests but wasps were not happy and swarmed me. Did not get stung. My dish is accessible from a extension latter 15 ft up. Made a new cover and now BUD is back in proper working order.
I love my BUD.

I'm still having problem. I don't have a cover on my lnb its in the wide open. It work yesterday all day but today I couldn't get it to work for the life of me. It seems that the 101 for me is so hard to tune. But any other bird is so easy for me to tune and watch. Idk I got a tree to the right of the dish when standing behind it. If it don't rain tomorrow I'm going to mess with it and try and figure it out bc it's kinda driving me nuts lol. I take some pics and show you what I'm working with.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)