LNBF Frequency

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Pittsville

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 4, 2006
38N 75W
I set up my dish using a universal LNBF and used that for a while, then I went to the Invacom quad LNBF. I originally had a few channels from the satellite that has Black Belt TV on it but now I don't receive anything from that one. I think I remember reading something on here about needing a universal LNBF for that satellite. Is that correct? In other words are there some satellites that won't be received with certain LNBF's depending on the frequency?

Also I had another question. We are trying to aim my brother's dish but have had no luck so far and my question is when we enter a transponder to aim for is it good enough to enter the frequency and polarity or do we have to put in PIDS and all that other stuff? His location is 39n 77w and we have been trying to use ONN. Is there a better signal we should try? Thanks

I set up my dish using a universal LNBF and used that for a while, then I went to the Invacom quad LNBF. I originally had a few channels from the satellite that has Black Belt TV on it but now I don't receive anything from that one. I think I remember reading something on here about needing a universal LNBF for that satellite. Is that correct? In other words are there some satellites that won't be received with certain LNBF's depending on the frequency?
and we have been trying to use ONN. Is there a better signal we should try?

That satellite (Amazonas) uses a standard LNB. PAS9 at 58W needs a universal.

Right now Black Belt (as is that whole TP) is off the air right now

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)