lnbf or polorotor for 4dtv

Status
Please reply by conversation.

truckracer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 17, 2004
Charleston wv
I am wondering if i should change my c-band lnbf (plus my backyard engineered ku band feed) on my big dish to a standard c/ku feedhorn with polorotor when i get my 4dtv dsr-922.

or could i use the bud for c-band only with the lnbf and use a separate dish for x4 ku band @99W? I have a ton of dishes around here and lots of room and good view of the arc.

i was thinking of getting the absolute digital package from nps and cinemax/hbo ala carte'. On the absolute digital some of the feeds are on X4 or G4 @ 99W on ku band and i would need a better ku feed than what i have
"engineered" (LOL) on my big dish using an offset ku lnbf-which by the way works great for free to air.

But i like the lnbf because the free to air receiver or my analog c-band receiver can control polarity independent from each other by simply turning off the receiver not in use at the time which lets the other receiver switch coax voltage. I am using two way splitters both ports power passing. one splitter for c-band and one for KU band.

For a BUD I always recommend a dual band feed, and lnb's, ADL and Chaparral make great feeds.

If you have room you can always setup a Ku-band only system, 1.2 meter dish with motor.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)