Status
Please reply by conversation.

Chewie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 12, 2009
California
Hello Gents:rolleyes:
Just wondering here about the lnbf scalar rings, can I use a different scalar ring on any LNBF if it is the same size?
or I have to use that one that came with the lnb.
any comments will be much appreciated.
Regards.
Chewie

I put an old chaparal on my WSI 6' with a GeoSat pro and it seemed to improve the reception. This old scaler was way bigger than the one that came with the LNBF.

My initial setup on the bud was with a wideband II feed and its scalar ring, I have changed the lnbf 3 times with the same results without changing the scalar ring.

Hello Gents
I thank you for your input on this matter, I also have the WSI 6' DISH, I am planning on installing a chaparral dual feed with 2 Norsat lnb's later when I'm on the Arc, the scalar ring on the chaparral feed on has one hole to connect the support arms and with the weight of these setup that is about 4 to 5 pounds, I am worry that is not going to be very stable because of the weight.
Any thoughts on this?
please let me know.
Thanks in advance.
Regards.
Chewie

A 1/4 inch bolt will easily take 5 lbs. One bolt per arm should be plenty. If you want two per arm, no harm in drilling another hole in the next groove of the scalar. My heavy ADL C-Ku was held on with only two(total) 1/4 inch bolts through the scalar.(No arms, it's buttonhook)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)