Status
Please reply by conversation.

steve515

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 26, 2009
Ky
Hello......

Well i just got my 4DTV receiver a few days ago. Got my dish a few weeks ago (7.5ft, Mesh Aluminum). Now, i am looking at LNB's, Feedhorns and Dish Movers.

Here is what i am thinking. Since i am VERY new the BUD/Cband world i need some guidence.

LNB's
Norsat 8115 for Cband
Norsat 4106A for KU band
There are DRO and PLL LNB's. I dont know what this means.

Feedhorn
Chaparral Corotor II

Dish Mover
QARL 3624 from Sadoun. I dont know what voltage i need. I have a DRS922 receiver. I have looked in the manual, but cant find anything that gives the output voltage for the dish mover.

I have done some research on some of this stuff, but i wanna make sure this equipment will work for me. Anyone see any problems with this stuff?

thanks

If you want to check and see how old your 4DTV is this will show you how to check date of manufactureThe battery has a finite life. It is important to know the DOM for your receiver. This can be determined by analysis of the serial number. The date is embedded in the unit serial number for all DSR920 and DSR922 receivers.

The 7th digit is the year of manufacture. "4" would mean 2004. The 8th, 9th and 10 digits indicate the Julian day on which the unit was manufactured in that year. Julian days are the numerical day of the year and run from 1 through 365 (or 366 in leap years). If the number was 031, that would mean Jan 31. If the number was 053, that would mean Feb 22, and so on.

If you want to check and see how old your 4DTV is this will show you how to check date of manufactureThe battery has a finite life. It is important to know the DOM for your receiver. This can be determined by analysis of the serial number. The date is embedded in the unit serial number for all DSR920 and DSR922 receivers.

The 7th digit is the year of manufacture. "4" would mean 2004. The 8th, 9th and 10 digits indicate the Julian day on which the unit was manufactured in that year. Julian days are the numerical day of the year and run from 1 through 365 (or 366 in leap years). If the number was 031, that would mean Jan 31. If the number was 053, that would mean Feb 22, and so on.

2004, day 142.

I am already planning on purchasing a new battery. I just havent decided on which one i need. I can get the exact replacement or i can get a 3.6v. Plus, i havent had mine apart to see if i have to solder on the bottom side of the board or not. I may be able to solder on the top side though. I would rather solder the new battery in the original holes. Instead of soldering one lead on the ribbon.

Original battery. Sanyo CR14250SE Lithium Battery with Solder Pins, 1/2AA-Size 3 Volts $9.95 free Shipping!

3.6v battery. SAFT LS 14250 Lithium Battery with Solder Pins, 1/2AA-Size 3.6 Volts $9.49 free Shipping!

I plan on doing this with the unit plugged in.

steve

I replaced my battery on my 922 and I don't think you will be able to do the job with the board still in the 922.
So you might want to consider and alternative plan to keeping it plugged in just in case

2004, day 142.

I am already planning on purchasing a new battery. I just havent decided on which one i need. I can get the exact replacement or i can get a 3.6v. Plus, i havent had mine apart to see if i have to solder on the bottom side of the board or not. I may be able to solder on the top side though. I would rather solder the new battery in the original holes. Instead of soldering one lead on the ribbon.

Original battery. Sanyo CR14250SE Lithium Battery with Solder Pins, 1/2AA-Size 3 Volts $9.95 free Shipping!

3.6v battery. SAFT LS 14250 Lithium Battery with Solder Pins, 1/2AA-Size 3.6 Volts $9.49 free Shipping!

I plan on doing this with the unit plugged in.

steve

I really think that it's too early to worry about the battery. The batteries on these things will probably last about 10-15 years, and if the thing was made in 2004, I think the odds are pretty good that there won't be ANYTHING on sat for the receiver to pick up before the battery goes dead. I still have a DCII receiver from back in the mid 90s that has only occasionally been plugged in, and last time I tried it a few months ago, it was still good. A couple years ago, I had the battery changed on my other DCII receiver which has been plugged in more regularly, that I bought in 96 or 97, but only because I had it in for replacement of the audio module. I'm sure it would still be going too, if I hadn't had it changed. Actually, I think the battery on my VCII from the early 90s was still good the last time I checked. The reports about dead batteries on any of these DCII or VCII receivers is so rare, that I really think any failures were caused by some other malfunction than just the battery dying of old age.

Anyway, I'd suggest waiting at least another 3 or 4 years before even worrying about the battery. I'll bet that you won't be using the receiver then since there won't be anything up there to subscribe to. I really think that the odds are greater that you'd zap something and kill the receiver than the odds of of the battery dying. But that's just my opinion.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts