Loading factory file (9200HD)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

gordonkearse

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 2, 2008
Fairfax, SC
Been running true fta (c/ku band) since last summer. Decided to upgrade my viewing so purchased older Pansat 9200HD with "illuminati" board. Runs perfectly.

Installed new DVB-S2 board. But RTN stations on AMC3 (87W) pixillate, freeze up and require reboot of receiver when quality below 65%. Runs perfectly otherwise.

Do I need to reload newer factory file and how? Have loaded old fta receivers using cord. Is 9200 any different from others? Any suggestions on which loader to use? Factory bin at Panarex (Pansat) website is for pvr receiver. Mine is non-pvr. Does it matter? I know these are lots of questions. I don't want to mess up my receiver. Paid $200 for it!!! But I'm patient for information.:confused::confused::confused:

My guess is that your dish size may be two small for S2 signals.

S2 requires much higher signals strengths.

What size dish you using?

Been running true fta (c/ku band) since last summer. Decided to upgrade my viewing so purchased older Pansat 9200HD with "illuminati" board. Runs perfectly.

Installed new DVB-S2 board. But RTN stations on AMC3 (87W) pixillate, freeze up and require reboot of receiver when quality below 65%. Runs perfectly otherwise.

Do I need to reload newer factory file and how? Have loaded old fta receivers using cord. Is 9200 any different from others? Any suggestions on which loader to use? Factory bin at Panarex (Pansat) website is for pvr receiver. Mine is non-pvr. Does it matter? I know these are lots of questions. I don't want to mess up my receiver. Paid $200 for it!!! But I'm patient for information.:confused::confused::confused:

Even though there is no hard drive for the pansat 9200HD it is a pvr unit. You have to attach a hard drive to the esata port in order to make it a pvr unit, so the firmware is indeed right. If I remember right, the illuminati boards were for dish's 8psk and might not do you any good. You might have to replace it w/ one of pansat's boards.

The guy I bought my Pansat from was surprised I was willing to pay $200 for it with the illuminati board. He called and checked with me to make sure I knew what I was getting, which I appreciated. I used it for a month and was getting more stations than I had with my old fortec ultra.

But we all live and learn.

I'm running a ten foot dish and am getting 63% quality when the machine freezes up.

I played with the dish a little yesterday and got it up to 65%. At that point the picture is fine on AMC3 and the RTN stations. It just puzzled me why I wasn't getting a picture with such high quality.

I also started getting the NBC MUX feeds on 72W once I got the dish pointed a little better.
And 74W and 79W started scanning better, too. So it may be mostly just a pointing issue.

But thanks everybody. I appreciate all the help. I don't know of anyone else to ask. No one else is dumb enough or patient enough to keep on doing this like me around here.

Somebody else suggested I try a cooling fan. I've already got a six inch fan running 24/7 on top of my unit.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)