Local Abc Hd In Ct

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

evander1129

Original poster
Sep 4, 2007
Why is it that I have FOX, NBC and CBS local in HD but I can't get ABC or NESN in HD on directv. Seems if I odd to only get 3 out of 4 local channels in HD. Will the new satellite change this or am I stuck forever without ABC in HD?

:welcome

LIN is the parent company of WTNH. LIN is preventing all their digital channels on cable and sat providers unless they are paid for the channel. Directv and others are refusing to do so. So WTNH is not the only one not on Directv. I recommend sending a note to LIN with your displeasure. I know I have in the past. So you are stuck with OTA until LIN wakes up to reality.

WTNH HD is also not on many cable systems in the state.

You can only currently get NESN HD if you live in the Boston DMA.

WOW, I am impressed with the quick response. thank you very much. I will send a letter to WTNH!!! I knew there had to be a logical reason behind this. Thanks AGAIN
E

WTNH is the most pig headed out of any station in Connecticut.

There have been times in the past where the sound was GREATLY out of sync, and it was doing it on all the HDTV's in the house, so I called to speak to engineering to alert them of the problem, and was first told...

Its a problem with my antenna as all my TV's are hooked to the same antenna.

Then it was something to the effect of "Its new technology, its got bugs in it. If you don't like it then change the channel."

I changed the channel.

WTNH is the most pig headed out of any station in Connecticut.

There have been times in the past where the sound was GREATLY out of sync, and it was doing it on all the HDTV's in the house, so I called to speak to engineering to alert them of the problem, and was first told...

Its a problem with my antenna as all my TV's are hooked to the same antenna.

Then it was something to the effect of "Its new technology, its got bugs in it. If you don't like it then change the channel."

I changed the channel.

To follow up on that, their signal is sporadic. I have a large external antenna for VHF only and pointed at their tower but I can track the downgrade in signal strength almost to the time of day. They have also mucked with their PSIP information that some tuners cant tune to the station. Also, they have at numerous times forget to hit the HD switch so the program stayed in SD when it should have been HD. I have another option for ABC HD and you bet I take advantage of it. I seriously dislike LIN and WTNH for how they have treated us and I avoid them at all costs.

WTNH sucks a**, I put up an antenna and get ch 40 out of springfield ma. for abc. P.S. I live in ne CT, not a chance in He** of receiving wtnh on antenna.

just a quick update COX CABLE who sucks has ABC listed as available on their system. If Cox has it Directv should be able to get this deal done also Cox has WB, and a few other locals that Directv does not. Here are COX cable locals in HD
NBCChannel 700
RI & CTCBS
Channel 701
RI & CTABC
Channel 702
RI & CTPBS
Channel 703
RI & CTFOX
Channel 704
RI & CT WB
Channel 705
CTMyTV9
Channel 706

If Cox has it Directv should be able to get this deal done...

If it was only that easy. It appears that LIN does not want to deal with d* (or E*, either) when it comes to having any of their stations in HD on DBS. Your anger should be directed at the holdouts... LIN.

Cox is a small provider in the state. The big on (Comcast) does not have it yet, nor do the vast majority of cable system in the state.

Cox is a small provider in the state. The big on (Comcast) does not have it yet, nor do the vast majority of cable system in the state.

Scott, Comcast does have WTNH hd, as well as does Cox. They are rare, only one other has it that I am aware of. Cox negotiated nationally with LIN to get them on their system. LIN is evil.

Its all about money. LIN has been rather defiant against Directv and Dish on a global basis. So its pay for all LIN HD stations or you get none. So its a real interesting battle between 2 completely different views of HD local stuff. One wants money to recoup the HD costs and the other says SD is free so why now. Of course, like usual, the customer gets screwed in the meantime.

Does anyone that knows anything about these negotioatios see a deal being done anytime soon or are we pretty much screwed. If I wanted to do the OTA antenna thing. How does that work with my directv dvr????

Does anyone that knows anything about these negotioatios see a deal being done anytime soon or are we pretty much screwed. If I wanted to do the OTA antenna thing. How does that work with my directv dvr????

It doesn't seem likely that anything will happen soon. It took Cox years to negotiate their deal with LIN. As far as ota reception, most of us in CT have good luck. Many of us use the Channel Master 4228 or something similar. It is a uhf antenna, but works well for the high vhf channels. What is your zip code? You may want to check this website: AntennaWeb

It doesn't seem likely that anything will happen soon. It took Cox years to negotiate their deal with LIN. As far as ota reception, most of us in CT have good luck. Many of us use the Channel Master 4228 or something similar. It is a uhf antenna, but works well for the high vhf channels. What is your zip code? You may want to check this website: AntennaWeb

Chip I use a specific VHF antenna pointed only at WTNH for my setup. I am 30 miles away so the UHF CM doesnt work for it. Its only like 12 elements around 6 feet so small but does a good job. I am also surrounded by trees and in Marlborough, not the easiest of places to get something from New Haven county.

Chip I use a specific VHF antenna pointed only at WTNH for my setup. I am 30 miles away so the UHF CM doesnt work for it. Its only like 12 elements around 6 feet so small but does a good job. I am also surrounded by trees and in Marlborough, not the easiest of places to get something from New Haven county.

You are a bit out of the way. I'm about 7 miles from their tower, you are nearly 30. In fact, I can almost see the tower from my roof.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)