Local channels & "moving" - confused...

lzqwhr

Original poster
Mar 21, 2006
Michigan
Need a little help, was reading the 'moving' thread about getting different local channels and have some questions. I live in Lapeer (48446) which is about 15 miles east of Flint but my 'local' channels I receive are the Detroit stations, which is at least 65 miles south. I have spoken with CSR's and they state that these are the only local stations I can get. Is there a way around this by changing my 'service' address or is the problem the physical location I am in. Hope this makes sense....

You should be inside the Flint area spot beam. Right now Flint locals are split between 110 and 121 satellites. You can probably see the 110 satellite no problem. Make sure you have signal on transponder 12 at 110. If you do (there is no reason you wouldn't) then changing your service address should not be a problem ONCE THE FLINT LOCALS ALL MOVE TO 110. Keep an eye out on the uplink activity threads or www.dishchannelchart.com to see when all the flint locals make the migration from the Superdish 121 to 110.

As to where TV markets borders are, you can take a look at http://ekb.dbstalk.com/TVMarkets

See ya
Tony

622 Replacement (fingers crossed)

Should upgrade to 622 before local digital

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts