Local Channels Not Spot Beamed

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Amer Q.

Original poster
May 12, 2019
Detroit
Is it true that New York local channels are available anywhere in the U.S. and are not subject to spot beam so long as you have a New York City based account? What other cities does DirecTV not spot beam their local channels?

Does Dish Network not spot beam a particular city's local channels? Meaning if you have an account based in that particular city wherever you travel with your Dish receiver you receive your base city's local channels wherever you are with your Dish receiver in the U.S.?

What cities are not spot beamed?

Thanks.

New York and LA are on national beams, but only the main networks. That provides network channels to people with RV accounts. Most of the locals from those two cities are on spotbeams just like the rest of the US.

Reactions: Jimbo
:welcome to Satelliteguys Amer Q.!
The big four, NBC, ABC, CBS, and Fox are on CONUS beams. As texasbrit noted the rest are on spot beams.

Reactions: Jimbo
When I was using DNS, the transponders for the DNS channels from New York and Los Angeles were obviously CONUS but the transponders for the Locals into NY and LA were different. You don't get to pick the transponders, there are authorized in your receiver. There are a couple of cities that are on CONUS transponders.

When I was using DNS, the transponders for the DNS channels from New York and Los Angeles were obviously CONUS but the transponders for the Locals into NY and LA were different. You don't get to pick the transponders, there are authorized in your receiver. There are a couple of cities that are on CONUS transponders.

DirecTV doesn’t spot beam the Big Four from NY and LA. They rely on the CONUS beams for local subscribers and DNS customers. They do spot beam the other locals though, so you can’t get them outside the NY/LA area.

Dish does spot beam the NY and LA locals. They do now offer a DNS service that is LA local and uses separate feeds/transponders as others have suggested. Dish does have a handful of other markets that are CONUS that you can “Move” to if you’re Ok with getting locals from there.

Below is the list I have of the Dish CONUS locals. I have not verified the list recently, but I have used Jacksonville, FL and Bluefield, WV on 77 as recently as last month.

DISH-CONUS-Locals.JPG

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)