Local Channels optional

Heh, I didn't catch the 722K reference either. No doubt they want you to call so that someone with a 722K doesn't order a USB dongle or someone with a Hopper doesn't order the MT2 plug-in module. Either way, what does Dish do, point you to companies like Dish Depot ?

I buy my adapters on Ebay and cut out the middleman. Brand new dual OTA adapters can be had for about $50 with free shipping.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
And how bitstarved the OTA locals are, especially the subchannels.
My locals and sub channels in my area look pretty good.

12.1- ABC /12.2 NBC - 720p
12.3 Cozi tv - 480i /12.4 Metv - 720p (and it makes the older shows look great!)
Cbs 6.1 - 1080i / 6.2 CW -720p/6.3 Charge - 480i
FOX 4.1 720p /4.2 TBD-480i/4.3-Comet - 480i

Reactions: charlesrshell
None of my subchannels are above 480i. With the bitstarving, some look to be 240i.

Our PBS has data for 4 of their 5 channels. One is missing and one is wrong. What happened was the local station - and it sounds like most did this - shuffled a couple stations around at one point and that point was after Dish was maintaining sub-channel data.

Our PBS has data for 4 of their 5 channels. One is missing and one is wrong. What happened was the local station - and it sounds like most did this - shuffled a couple stations around at one point and that point was after Dish was maintaining sub-channel data.

Hopefully they will start maintaining subchannel data again, considering that they appear to be marketing antennas and OTA services and letting people drop satellite-provided locals. But, probably not.

You know, stations are going to do the same thing the carriers do, bit starve the stream to pack more channels into their 6Mhz stream, we might as well get used to it. I already have one frequency with 7 sub-channels.

You know, stations are going to do the same thing the carriers do, bit starve the stream to pack more channels into their 6Mhz stream, we might as well get used to it. I already have one frequency with 7 sub-channels.

For me, that makes watching the few (and I do mean few) channels that obsess over high quality, high bitrate streams, even more enjoyable to watch

My Dish Technical Ops guy thought he had it fixed as of this afternoon. Alas, he does not. I get guide data on WETA subchannels, but not the main -01 channel. :crying That was on one of my 612's. I'll try the 722 but I doubt that will make a difference.

My Dish Technical Ops guy thought he had it fixed as of this afternoon. Alas, he does not. I get guide data on WETA subchannels, but not the main -01 channel. :crying That was on one of my 612's. I'll try the 722 but I doubt that will make a difference.
Curious problem for sure.

I have temporarily added back my satellite locals in order to get the guide on WETA channel 26-01. :( It did in fact reappear. WETA subchannels were always listed even during my trial of dropping satellite delivered locals.

Ok, now immediately remove them again and see if the guide stays.

I would expect the same behavior as before, which is that the guide remains until the overnight reboot, and then the data vanishes except for the subchannels.
That's what I was thinking. Perhaps something went wrong the first time he dropped them, but the same problem might not happen every time.

Really? Other channels such as the big 4 did not exhibit the problem (no guide data on the -01 primary channel) as did my PBS stations. How could it be that the website could get it right for NBC, ABC, CBS, and Fox, while goofing up PBS?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)