Local channels pixeling

ouch1234

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 19, 2010
Norman, Ok
Got a vip722. All my local channels have a perfect picture until there is fast movement on the screen and then I get quite a bit pixeling. All the other channels work perfect. Any clues what might cause this. As I say ..As long as there isn't a lot of movement on the screen it works perfect and the screen is crystal clear, but if there's fast camera movement then it get a little blurry and pixels.

Vip722
Mitsubishi WD-73837

Does this happen on just the HD channels or all local channels?
Yes it seems to be doing it on Non HD locals too, but it's really hard to tell because my non-HD channels are so crapy anyways on my 73" It does it on both OTA and Regular Dish. I will add that my OTA does run through my Dish Receiver. There seems to be a consist blur at the bottom of the screen about 6" high, and when there is fast movement it pixels in the center of the screen. As I say if there isn't any fast movement then I've got the best picture on the block. All my other cable channels are perfect. We're receiving free HBO this weekend and the picture quality is perfect..Same as any other channel too. It's just channels like ABC/NBC/CBS/FOX.

Dish recently came out a couple of months ago and installed new Vip722 and changed out the whole Dish outside too. Unrelated to this issue.

Could be your local channels are bit starving the HD signal to add sub-channels. Motion blur is the side effect of too low bandwidth with a digital signal.

Set your receiver to 720p (i assume its set to 1080i) and see if that makes a difference.
Menu 6-8 I think
Some tv sets look (work) better on one standard or the other.

Only way to fix is for the local station to not use sub channels or use a direct full bandwidth link to Dish. Even a full OTA bandwidth signal will have some blur due to the limited frequency bands alocated to each station. A lot depends on the quality of the stations MPEG encoding equipment too.

Mostly to how each station encodes. Not all doe 1080i on the full bandwidth, which had no blurring, or others start lower and use sub channels dividing up the channel. Fox is bad with football on the main channel and if a sub has a car-race or hockey.. something gives and fast movement uses more bandwidth than a still or slow moving picture. This can also be made worse by your pickup. If you have bad coax or connectors or just lots of multipath you start with so many errors (which get covered up) but show in the quality or "signal" level and the error correction circuits in your receiver and tv can't cope with it. There is not a simple answer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)