local channels puerto rico

Status
Please reply by conversation.

wiwiv

Original poster
Jun 27, 2007
i have a viewsat ultra 2000 and how can i get the local channels, please someone help me

well normally I would answer but since you feel the need to give us OH SO LITTLE INFO I'll just pull an answer of out my rear end...ok? :D

Lets see....hook up a dish. How about that??

Now if you would be so kind as to let us know what other equipment you have like dish size, LNB type, motor involved, etc then we can give you a better answer

well normally I would answer but since you feel the need to give us OH SO LITTLE INFO I'll just pull an answer of out my rear end...ok? :D

Lets see....hook up a dish. How about that??

Now if you would be so kind as to let us know what other equipment you have like dish size, LNB type, motor involved, etc then we can give you a better answer

Somebody's getting cranky and needs a nap:D

Not sure about Puerto Rico, but I will tell ya there's lots of Spanish speaking FTA up in the skys... but like Berg said, we really need more info if you really want help.

not crabby. Just making a point that if you give us pretty much no info its a little hard to answer the question without speculation :)

and hence the :D

It would be like taking your car to the shop and saying "it doesn't work" and walking away. We need some more info.

I happen to watch the Puerto Rico channels for my CW, ABC, and FOX feeds. From the same transponder I also watch my NBC (Virgin Islands) shows.

You will need a "big" dish as these feeds are on C-Band. When I say big I'm talking about 10 foot diameter. The basic of FTA receivers will work for the tuner part. But you will likely also need an analog tuner as well to both move the dish and adjust the skew. I'm not saying you can't find a DVB recevier to do this for you it is just cheaper (almost free) to use an old C-Band type device.

For those who speak Spanish , the best Puerto Rico Locals are on Intelsat 1R @ 45.0 West.

4 Channels

PBS - San Juan
UNIVISION - Caguas
TELEMUNDO - San Juan
WAPA-TV ( Independent ) San Juan

alot of Spanish C-band stations are on Atlantic Satellites.

I miss those from when they were also on ku... (sigh) Tutu Park... and the cruise they use to advertise ... Not only we had the networks, but also a little dreamin' :) ...

C-Band is still out of my reach, unfortunately

:)Here are the channels and the satelites the person who said 110 because is on the echostar 110 dish network customers.

WIPR-TV Intelsat 1R US & Latin America DVB
WKAQ-TV Intelsat 1R US & Latin America DVB
WLII-TV Intelsat 1R US & Latin America DVB
WORO-TV
Intelsat 9 Americas DVB
WPRU-TV Galaxy 16 C DVB
WSJP-LP Galaxy 16 C DVB
WSJX-LP Galaxy 16 C DVB

Lyngsat.com

Status
Please reply by conversation.