local channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

York

Original poster
Jun 10, 2009
Cincinnati
I have HD direct at my home. I took a non-HD receiver to my lake house, put up a dish. Everything was fine, I got my local channels from my home at the lake house along with all the other channels, not HD. This was last fall. When I went back this spring I had local channels for a very short time, now they are gone. The guy who put up my satellite dish put up a new one that would receive 3 satellites, the other would only receive 1. We took the receiver back home and it worked fine and it received local channels. We took it back to the lake house, still no local channels. My installer at the lake house is saying the reciever needs to be remapped by direct tv to work with the new satellite dish at the lake house. He said the receiver is mapped to the different, larger dish at me home??

I suspect that the newer 3 sat dish isn't quite as sensitive in the reception of the spot beam. You are probably on the edge of your local spot beam at the lakehouse. The newer dish isn't receiving it as well. Check your signal strengths on the 101 spot beams (4, 12, 18, 20, 26, and 28). You do need to rerun the receiver to select the 3 LNB dish. But, I think the problem is as I suggested.

BTW, which receiver model are you using at the lakehouse?

Were the locals you receive at the lakehouse the same ones at home?

Also what's the zip code at your regular home and the zip code at the lake house??

According to the installer, and my son-in-law, the signal strength is very strong. The locals I was getting are the same ones I got with the receiver at home here in Cincinnati. The zip code at the lakehouse and my home are different, but it is still set-up with my home zip code. I was using a single LNB dish before replacing with a 3 LNB. The installer told me today that he has customers around me at the lakehouse who live here in the Cincinnati area and they receive the cincinnati local channels just fine. I believe I will rerun he receiver to select the 3 LNB dish and see what happens.

my son-in-law went to the lake house. The local channes are on sat. 101w transponder 12. There is a 97% signal on sat. 101w, but on transponder 12 there is 0%?

my son-in-law went to the lake house. The local channes are on sat. 101w transponder 12. There is a 97% signal on sat. 101w, but on transponder 12 there is 0%?

I would guess that your out of the spot beam, or need a slight dish adjustment.

A friend who has a cabin near mine at the lake went down last week and is not getting his local channels as he did in the spring as well. I believe the problem is we are now out of the spot beam for some reason. Some say direct tv narrowed the spot beam.

DireTV does adjust the spotbeams from time to time but it's more likely to be the change in climate conditions, if you are around the edge of the spotbeam the signal might come and go. Sometimes the signal is stronger at night.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)