local channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lsu777

Original poster
Aug 26, 2010
louisiana
anybody know if i change my service address to new orleans if I can get their local channels in lake charles, la which is in the sw corner of the state? I looked at the spot beam maps and it looks like I will, but just want to make sure before I call. its around 200 miles.

anybody know if i change my service address to new orleans if I can get their local channels in lake charles, la which is in the sw corner of the state? I looked at the spot beam maps and it looks like I will, but just want to make sure before I call. its around 200 miles.

Welcome to the site !

What you'll want, is some one to tell you who lives in Lake Charles, if they have a sat signal on the Sat /TP that your NO locals are on.

This would tell you for sure.

If they have a SS of over 60 I would say your good.

yea I know I can use an address in central Louisiana and get the stations from shreveport, but i would much rather new orleans. I also know houston works.

yea I know I can use an address in central Louisiana and get the stations from shreveport, but i would much rather new orleans. I also know houston works.

I sent you a pm at dbstalk, but I see you already took my advice! Welcome to Satelliteguys!

It's likely looking at the maps (there's a link on the top of the page) that you can get the NO locals in Lake Charles, but I can't be entirely sure.

Hey I live in Pineville and use an address in Metarire(spelling?) and get all the New Orleans locals in HD plus a couple of other channels...I was using an address in Shreveport but believe or not the picture is better on the local channels coming out of New Orleans.

Good Luck

Hey I live in Pineville and use an address in Metarire(spelling?) and get all the New Orleans locals in HD plus a couple of other channels...I was using an address in Shreveport but believe or not the picture is better on the local channels coming out of New Orleans.

Good Luck

What are your signal strengths on 103 trans 21? That's where I think the NO stations are. According to the satmaps, your signal should be a bit marginal from there.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)