Local Deputy Sheriff Busted for stealing service

RAL686

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 16, 2005
Central Oregon
I heard over our local news radio that there were 9 Deputies with our sheriff department that were busted for sharing the same address for satellite service. Meaning that they were paying about $5 per receiver. I was looking for the story, but couldn't find one, on our local news web sites. If I find one, I'll post it on this thread.....

Even law enforcement personel like to cheat the system....LOL

Did they steal Dish Network or DirecTv? I know that Dish Network only allows six on an account although I heard that some were allowed eight. Did they think that they could get away with it or something because they were law enforcement?

Cops are the same as anyone else, except that they are trusted servents of the public and are supposed to be held to a higher standard for decent behavior than non-law enforcment citizens. I'm sure that they didn't think they could get caught. If they shared the same address, that is one thing, but they had to share the same name and billing information as well. So if they got caught, I think that someone turned them in.

I thought the limit was 4 per address, no wonder they were caught. :rolleyes:
The property must be a duplex of some sort. :idea:

When I was a tech for Direc it was amazing that 9 of 10 customers who asked me about cheater cards were Police and Firemen. My standard reply was (is) "My rear end is a virgin and I intend on keeping it that way! Don't ever ask me that again."

It doesn't surprise me. They are just like any other person. Some of them are going to cheat. Back when people used to have those cable boxes that unscrambled the signal (or maybe they still have them) I new cops, a person that worked for the DOJ, FBI and Secret Service agents that all had them. Who the hell would I have reported them to????

Don't they always say that cops have the best drugs?

I asked DirecTV and Dish about this, this is DirecTV response:

Dear Mr. ----,

Thank you for your report. We appreciate the information, and have forwarded your message to our Piracy Department for investigation. If you would like to report additional unauthorized reception of DIRECTV programming, or have further information, you may also call our Piracy Hotline at 1-800-830-6090. To leave an anonymous voice mail message, you can call between 1:01 a.m. and 7:59 a.m. Eastern Time.

Sincerely,

Tina
DIRECTV Customer Service

---------------------------------------------------------------
Original Message Follows:

DIRECTV FEEDBACK MESSAGE

Name: -------
[Account Number: ]
Email Address: cablewithaview@yahoo.com
[Topic Selected: Other]
Subject: sharing

Details: I run into several people or know several people that share there account and receiver with other friends, family, etc. I know a DirecTV installer that has even "fixed" a few up like this. What do you do about that and how would you control such? I have to pay like everyone and don't care to cheat my bill. I ask this since I read this article: http://www.oregonlive.com/newsflash...ews-13/1133885946263240.xml&storylist=orlocal
anyhow thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)