Local Fox problem

hangman54

Original poster
Mar 8, 2009
South Florida
Hello all,Is it just Me or is anyone else having a problem with the Nascar feed on WFLX.
This one channel keeps going out (solid green or pink screen /no sound and some pixalation)
Really bites when You want to watch and You can't. rant over.....

......hangman

Welcome to Dish local HD problems....:( I have same issue Birmingham market but I just give up trying to figure out what the problem is as it happens more than it doesn't. I feel I have Stockholm syndrome with Dish locals lolz.....

I should have expanded on My situation, Mine is on SD not HD,I,m thinking about getting HD service but with the way construction is right now I think I had better wait. before I spend anymore monthly money:eek:

hate to see all the problems that some folks are having with Dish,but for Me,it is the only real option in My area.

Well the station is back on now,so I'll go watch the race while I can.....

till later....

My service is almost perfect except for HD locals. If they were at least as reliable as the rest of the stations I would be pretty happy. I had SD for years with no issues and really don't have many HD issues other than locals.

I had the same troubles with mine since the racing season began until this week it seems magically the troubles have been fixed somewhere as I had no sound dropouts and/or pixelation as I had have previously with each race on my local fox channel in SD.

This may or may not of been because I called Dish last weekend and went thru multiple troubleshooting with them to no avail and the tech support created something called a TPR, some kind of report I'm guessing, and mentioned possible uplink troubles. Although it wasn't fixed at the time when I went to watch the race today it worked flawlessly.

Fox appeared to have some problems with the feed out of Altanta yeaterday.

I observed it OTA and on the Dish SD feed via SAT.

We had about 35,000 feet worth of storm clouds overhead yesterday so watched the Atlanta race OTA. Lost the feed several times, I'm assuming from Atlanta as I still had a signal. The clouds knocked out the locals as well as many of the 129 national HD's.

Slingbox picture blur

No line of sight

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)