local hd channels footprint

Status
Please reply by conversation.

woodrow

Original poster
Jun 29, 2011
sothern wv
I live in southern WV and get my locals in the Bluefield- Oak Hill market. I have 2nd home in Myrtle Beach SC were i in stalled dish myself but cannot receive WV local programing. It is a 32 inch dish with SWIM lnb but all i get on local channels is 771 searching for signal message. Would i be out of my local footprint in SC? How can I check it out? It is about 400 miles between homes and i hope it is fixable .Is there a bird to ck for locals channels with transponder signal strength maybe?
Thanks,
Woodrow

doling some checking on a spreadsheet Bluefield WV is on 99W TP3 spotbeam

In an Ironic twist, Columbia SC has some locals on the same transponder. So while you'll see a very strong signal you wont get WV locals because the spotbeam you are under is for South Carolina. Think a flashlight. Shine a flashlight on the wall. That is a spotbeam. The darker areas are the rest of the US and are out of the spotbeam

CONUS, a technical term used by the U.S. Department of Defense and General Services Administration, has been defined both as the continental United States, and as the 48 contiguous states

;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)