local hd channels footprint

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

woodrow

Original poster
Jun 29, 2011
sothern wv
I live in southern WV and get my locals in the Bluefield- Oak Hill market. I have 2nd home in Myrtle Beach SC were i in stalled dish myself but cannot receive WV local programing. It is a 32 inch dish with SWIM lnb but all i get on local channels is 771 searching for signal message. Would i be out of my local footprint in SC? How can I check it out? It is about 400 miles between homes and i hope it is fixable .Is there a bird to ck for locals channels with transponder signal strength maybe?
Thanks,
Woodrow

doling some checking on a spreadsheet Bluefield WV is on 99W TP3 spotbeam

In an Ironic twist, Columbia SC has some locals on the same transponder. So while you'll see a very strong signal you wont get WV locals because the spotbeam you are under is for South Carolina. Think a flashlight. Shine a flashlight on the wall. That is a spotbeam. The darker areas are the rest of the US and are out of the spotbeam

CONUS, a technical term used by the U.S. Department of Defense and General Services Administration, has been defined both as the continental United States, and as the 48 contiguous states

;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)