Local HD Channels will cost per Station?

SquadCo6

Original poster
Jan 23, 2006
Outside Philly
I had just spoke to a CSR in the attempt to get an 211 early(no luck!). While speaking to him, he reported that I would have to apply for each local channel, they would submit it to the affiliate for approval and then I will start to get it. He stated that each channel would cost me 1.50/ month. I am about 10 miles east of Philadelphia. Is this the plan with the release of the local HD channels or is this something that has been in place and will change in the near future?

Thanks

SquadCo6 said:
I had just spoke to a CSR in the attempt to get an 211 early(no luck!). While speaking to him, he reported that I would have to apply for each local channel, they would submit it to the affiliate for approval and then I will start to get it. He stated that each channel would cost me 1.50/ month. I am about 10 miles east of Philadelphia. Is this the plan with the release of the local HD channels or is this something that has been in place and will change in the near future?
Thanks

If you have locals-in-locals as part of your programming packages, and Dish adds HD locals to your DMA, then you should get those HD channels as well at no additional cost--so said Charlie during his most recent Chat.

10 miles east of Philadelphia, your local DMA is Philadelphia so when Philadelphia goes on line (HD) that will be part of your local channel fee!!

Well the CSR's aren’t going to know much until after Feb 1st like the 2nd. When the New HD Packages come out from what I understand and have seen the locals will be included in the packages. But the Local HD's will not all come out at the same time. They will add so many cites at a time like I think Atlanta and their was 3 or 4 more that are post to go live in Feb. I think they showed which cities were coming 1st in the last Charlie Chat. I could be mistaken but that is the way I understood and if you saw the picture with the New HD plans it showed all of the channels that you would get. Myself I will be on the SliverHD Plan but CSR's will not have the promo codes until after Feb 1st is what one told me which makes sense. Heck when you call your going to know more info about it than they will due to they are usually the last ones to get the info.The CSR's right now just say Yes they have heard of the new plans so on but do not have no real info on it untill Feb. That's why I would wait until Feb before you call in about the new plans so on. I will be glad when Feb get's here so that way all of this will be clear for everyone on all of this. :)

From the dish network website:

"If you subscribe to any one of our distant or local network packages, the CBS-HD feed will be added at no extra charge. Otherwise, each CBS-HD feed will be available for $1.50."

This is for the nation CBS-HD feed. Maybe there is a per channel charge if you don't get the local package?

OK, as a current LiL subscriber and the owner of a HDTV, I should be able to get my HD LiL for free (or at least cheap) but I think that I'm still locked out of the lower cost receiver. I do already subscribe to the AT180 but am really only interested in HD from network shows.

Therefore, as I've read/heard it, I'm going to have to buy a bunch of HD channels that I don't want just to get the receiver (622) and network feeds in HD. Is that how you are reading things? Thanks.

Also, I was told that he was going to dispatch an email to me with the lay out of everything that is taking place feburary 1st. Didnt get as of yet!!! Did anyone else get this email?

bxl4 said:
OK, as a current LiL subscriber and the owner of a HDTV, I should be able to get my HD LiL for free (or at least cheap) but I think that I'm still locked out of the lower cost receiver. I do already subscribe to the AT180 but am really only interested in HD from network shows.
Therefore, as I've read/heard it, I'm going to have to buy a bunch of HD channels that I don't want just to get the receiver (622) and network feeds in HD. Is that how you are reading things? Thanks.

what does the fact that you own a hd tv mean to this argument?????

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)