local HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

slls

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 17, 2008
D* just put a full page ad in local paper that our locals are now HD. They do look better but no logo anywhere stating HD. Is this normal.

D* just put a full page ad in local paper that our locals are now HD. They do look better but no logo anywhere stating HD. Is this normal.
You should have 2 listings of each channel in the guide. The first one is the HD version of the local channel and it will have the station call letters. The second one is the SD version and it usually just has your locality initials with the channel number next to it.

For example, here in LA if I were to look at our local CBS (channel 2). The HD version would be listed first and it will be listed as 2 KCBS in the guide. The SD version would be second and it will be listed as 2 LA2 in the guide. NBC HD (channel 4) would be 4 KNBC and NBC SD would be 4 LA4.

You should have 2 listings of each channel in the guide. The first one is the HD version of the local channel and it will have the station call letters. The second one is the SD version and it usually just has your locality initials with the channel number next to it.

For example, here in LA if I were to look at our local CBS (channel 2). The HD version would be listed first and it will be listed as 2 KCBS in the guide. The SD version would be second and it will be listed as 2 LA2 in the guide. NBC HD (channel 4) would be 4 KNBC and NBC SD would be 4 LA4.

I know our reciever had "hide SD channel duplicates" enabled by default, thus maybe he wouldn't see 2 of each channel.
Also, we have all local HD now, but none of the channels are actually listed as HD. Just the normal call letters, but no "HD" at the end. And on a couple local channels there is no "HD" logo by any of the "HD" programming, even when programs are in HD. This is on our 2 newest HD locals, maybe that is why. Also, on the screen no "HD" logo in the corners, just normal logo's. Probably depends on your local station if this gets displayed. Some do some don't.

Anyhow, to figure this out is simple. If your primetime shows fill up the screen without being stretched, and look a HELL of a lot better than usual, then you have HD.
Easy! Also, if in cropped mode for non-HD programs, if you now see black bars instead of grey, that is another simple sign.

Thanks for the reply's, didn't know about the black, grey bars.

I only see 1 for my local channels as well
clear.gif

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts