Local low power station to lose Rtv,Pbr and Tuff tv (Erie,Pa.)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Albiondon

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 23, 2010
Cranesville,Pa. 16410
http://wleptv.com/2013/04/network-may-cut-satellite-feed/?fb_source=pubv1

"I found this posted on Facebook today"
I have some bad news to report but I wanted to inform everyone as soon as I found out. The network just informed me that they plan to drop the satellite feed I receive sometime in the next 2 to 4 weeks. If they do this I will lose RTV, PBJ, and Tuff for some period of time.
I don’t know why they didn’t give me more notice than this but I did inform them that I don’t have the funds for the equipment to needed to receive their signal from a different satellite. To do so would require a different satellite dish that is much larger than the broadcast site I’m at may allow. I also don’t know if the change in satellite will necessitate a change in equipment for the rest of the station.
I’m weighing my options and will do my best to return network programming to WLEP as quickly as possible. The station will continue on even if only to broadcast my movie channel in the interim.
I apologize for this in advance and hope you continue to stick with WLEP through any transition.

Last edited:
interesting
So basically he is getting the feed the KU Band setup (83W) which anybody with a free to air receiver can get
The "change in equipment" requires a 10 foot dish as there are master feeds of those on C-Band

that sucks really...

How many people in the Conneaut, Ohio still have 10' dishes they would donate. Until I lost the house I still had an unused "C" band dish set up. I'll bet they would consider a gift.

After a search on this station I understand the situation a little better. It is really a one man operation and the guy doesn't live near Erie. So any on site work is likely performed by another company for big $$$. Even though he gets the programming for free, the small cut of the ad revenue probably doesn't make the station very profitable.

Also looking at the Bing Bird's eye view of the transmitter site it appears to have lots of tree trouble and the Ku dish seems to be mounted 10 feet off of the ground on the tower. Getting a crew up there to cut down a dozen trees for installing a large dish on the ground could be very expensive.

And with Luken communications buying the old LP TBN transmitter in Erie and is in the process of converting it to digital, I kinda think those channels will be moving to that station

And with Luken communications buying the old LP TBN transmitter in Erie and is in the process of converting it to digital, I kinda think those channels will be moving to that station

if they ever get those stations up. Luken bought a boatload of those but most have outdated facilities (or none whatsoever)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)